Posted: Sep 18th 2011 1:59PM BigAndShiny said

"In terms of lore and story, some of the quests are undeniably bizarre. Yes, you will be playing matchmaker for a desperate, elderly prostitute and a forlorn hunk of manhood inexplicably brooding his life away in the wilderness" Why, Funcom, did you forget voice acting? This would have been gold!

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 6:03PM Alarie said

@BigAndShiny

When you are doing the quests and dialog comes up act it out at your comptuer. :) I know you want voice acting, I don't. The first run you wish it had voice, second time you skip right through everything because you know the story or results. To me it is just a waste of time and money to invest in voice acting, but that's just my opinion.

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 4:59PM Faction 3 said

I really gotta say, I, at one time, laughed in the face of AoC, I reluctantly picked it up about 2 months ago, and I just cant set it down now. These articles, coupled with the unique gameplay, and ultra-violent setting have me just LOVING (and I cant emphasize that word enough) this game.

The ONLY thing I wish Funcom continued to do, is the Voice Acting, just like BigAndShiny said. Because Tortage was easily THE BEST starting zone I ever experienced.

Jef, Im a big fan, and thanks to you, Im still hooked on AoC.

Bear Shaman FTW!

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 6:51PM Poordevil said

@Faction 3

I agree with Faction, I enjoy your writing on all things AoC as well. Nice having professionally written takes and comments on the game that are current and entertaining. Also, I feel if there is anything of note going on about AoC I'll be informed when I check in with Jef!

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 7:12PM Jef Reahard said

@Faction 3

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words (and the fact that you keep coming back)! Have fun out there.

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 5:05PM Thorqemada said

Bizarre storys, hm, think i will take that fresh breather and test it...