Posted: Sep 18th 2011 2:14PM Faction 3 said

Played this for a couple hours, Was'nt bad, in all honesty. I enjoyed it.

I went back to Drakensang Online to compare, seems Bigpoint added a new patch in the last week that requires Cash-Shop currency to buy Health Potions now...which....is extraordinarily awful...

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 2:21PM Pingles said

Perhaps this is like the concept of a cash shop. Two years ago I was very vocal here about how they were preposterous and objectionable.

Now I'm playing an F2P (Zentia) as my main MMO.

Right now, for me, automated learning seems cheap. I didn't care for it in Eve or Fallen Earth and it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe in two years I'll be convinced,

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 3:18PM DevilSei said

@Pingles

I think the shift in attitude could more or less be related possibly to seeing more and more cash shops that don't fundamentally screw the player out of their enjoyment of the game.
As for automated learning, its a mixed bag. If its required for progression in the game I can see how it would be annoying. Heck, the system is responsible for all the "newbies will always suck" stigma seen with EVE. Yet if it is something that is supplementary to gameplay instead, I don't mind it much.

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 3:29PM bobfish said

Nothing wrong with the AFK system, it isn't complete AFK, you have to keep an eye on it to a degree, but it helps you deal with the boring grind that all MMOs have these days (whether it is questing or not).

Personally for me, I think there are much better free to play games than Crystal Saga, but it is okay. I'd rather play Eden Eternal, Zentia or Luvinia, they are all significantly better games than Crystal Saga.

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 3:41PM MewmewGirl said

I don't especially like these guys running this game.

All seems well and good until you hit level 20 and start to get ganked (it's open PvP past level 20, once people figure out how what menu to change to allow them to attack players. Being in peace mode only means you can't fight back lol).

So we asked if we maybe could get a PvE server or channels, we've been asking that for some time.

If they just said no, that would have been fine. But they came back with this insulting advertisement on FaceBook towards PvE players. I wish all the PvE players really would stay away from the game like their rude advertisement suggests.

Anyway I'm not going to spend a penny on a game with people that just outright insult what really is the majority of their player base no matter if they understand that or not (people play DESPITE the PvP, not because of it).

I also don't want to play any game that has any afk leveling in it these days. It's just silly to have the game play itself for me. Is it that boring? Is it that much of a chore? This is supposed to be fun... I have to leave my PC on auto playing for me? No thanks. Fix the game so it's not a horrible grind instead maybe?

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 3:52PM pcgneurotic said

I'll definitely give this a go.

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 6:23PM (Unverified) said

I'm bothered by AFK systems because if I'm going to have my computer turned on, out of sleep mode, and running a game, I want to actually be playing that game. I tried IGG's Wonderland Online which had a similar system implemented (although it seems much more hands-free than Crystal Saga's), and it felt wrong to leave the house without putting my computer into sleep mode. I didn't really feel the same connection to the game or my character, I suppose; moreover, I felt like I was wasting power at a time when I could've turned my computer off or put it into sleep mode.

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 9:08PM Seldra said

If you haven't tried Dragon Nest you should, it's face paced and very twitchy gameplay reaction times.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 8:20AM sinni800 said

Hello Beau,

I have taken a look at Starjack and have found out that the architecture it is built upon is absolutely not compatible to Fraps.

The Windows on top of the game are REAL windows (the Windows kind [note the capitalization]). This means that the game actually has like 5 window handles open at a time.

Your best bet it to use a _full screen recorder_ software. Not a game recorder like Fraps.