Posted: Sep 19th 2011 5:38AM Manjimaru said

@Rodj blake: yeah, the pay-to-win approach is a massive no-no. Eve online isn't guilty of that yet, giving only vanity items from the shop. They just suffered a massive PR hit with their ridiculous pricing.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 8:31AM (Unverified) said

Lots of interesting sound-bites from Eddy Webb in the Q&A, but as others have said I'm not going to be holding my breath for any of these ideas being implemented well. Definitely one I'll be keeping my eye on though.

Random pondering - I wonder why Caitiff can't be implemented... Hope it means they're going to really push a deeply Clannish society.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 8:41AM OmegaDestroyer said

"Players will begin as a mortal human who can make the choice to become a kindred (vampire) or stay mortal for the duration of their characters' lives"

That's it? I really hope "mortal" implies more than just hunters and possibly mages. It would be sad to see the game boil down to mumans vs. vampires and completely overlook werewolves, prometheans, sin-eaters, changelings, or mummies.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 8:41AM OmegaDestroyer said

@OmegaDestroyer

Err... humans. Not mumans...

Posted: Sep 20th 2011 10:05AM (Unverified) said

@OmegaDestroyer

Those mormons are sly bastards

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 8:27AM (Unverified) said

@OmegaDestroyer There won't be any Prometheans or Sin-Eaters in this game. It's based on Old WoD (13 vampire clans, Wyrm-fighting werewolves, Tradition vs Technocracy mages, etc). Which I think is ace - while the New WoD ruleset is vastly superior, I will always love the lore and metaplot surrounding Old WoD. I hope this game will keep all that alive.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 9:20AM Malagarr said

Definitely sounds like they are headed the right direction for a WoD MMO. Now my only concern remains which edition's source of lore they will rely on.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 9:50AM Vegetta said

Permadeth? eww no thanks.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 10:01AM (Unverified) said

Emulating LARPing? Great, so there will be a lot of everyone standing around engaged in outrageously melodramatic improv while they wait around for something interesting to happen?

This doesn't tell me much. I'm a big fan of the setting, but I always thought the LARPing side of things was less compelling. Here's hoping they don't forget that the WoD has other facets, too. Old school hunters (not the awfulness that was Hunter: The Reckoning) was always more my style.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 10:05AM Nychus said

Just quickly I see alot of people talking about Masquerade, we absolutely sure they've not shifted it to Requiem? (Not that theres that much differance really, its only once you get to the other supernaturals that those become glaring)

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 8:27AM (Unverified) said

@Nychus Yes, it is definitely Masquerade.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 11:00AM Khal said

This is the only game I'm really looking forward to. I may play one or two of the others before it launches, but when it does I'm "all in" on this one.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 11:02AM Khal said

@Nychus

Yes, we are absolutely. CCP has said this at last year's GM. Now, they may cherry pick systems from Requiem that they believe suits the MMO version, but for the most part it is based on V:TM setting.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 12:15PM Figure said

As soon as I saw that they were trying to go for the LARP experience, I knew it was time to pass on this game. Anyone who's familiar with the Camarilla (WW's organized LARP organization) knows that single world storytelling in a LARP system dependent upon storytellers is basically corruption fodder. You wake up one day and a higher up ST from a state over calls you up and says your character is dead because he's banging the chick who played the annoying Malkavian you killed when she came to visit your Storyteller's game from across state lines. Oh, and apparently she's alive and Prince of whatever city she's in. Oh, and she's apparently the grandchilde of an Antideluvian. Gotta love GM fiat. I'm sure the EVE players will just see this as another layer of the game and openly proposition GMs in order to get a 'leg up' on the competition.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 1:48PM Palebane said

Not sure I'll be as interested in this game if they do not include werewolves as playable characters.

Posted: Sep 21st 2011 9:48AM Elamshin said

Say what you say about decisions CCP has made with their WoD MMO, they still have massive balls to go their own way.

Posted: Sep 22nd 2011 12:02AM wjowski said

No mages or wraiths=my apathy.

Posted: Sep 23rd 2011 11:37PM Mystal said

@wjowski You're halfway to playing a Wraith already!