Posted: Sep 17th 2011 4:16AM hansh0tfirst said

I'm currently playing in the open beta and overall enjoying it, but there's definitely a few hurdles Gamersfirst have to contend with.

Number one, as mentioned, is cheating. Frankly, they need to implement hardware lockouts for established cheaters ASAP. Otherwise, due to the f2p nature of the game, people simply return with a new account literally within moments of being banned.

Secondly, the matchmaking system needs work. From what I understand, it has improved substantially, but there's still plenty of room for refinement. For example, new players effectively are treated as a "wild card". Since the game hasn't established their skill level, it's not uncommon to get matched against veteran and high ranking opponents even fresh out of the tutorial.

Last, but not least, I think Gamersfirst might want to reevaluate their cash shop. The balance of a few items (which directly affect game mechanics) have been called into question, many of which cost upwards of $60 USD or more. Their "lower" price goods (still in the $10-$20 range) have a limited lifespan (typically around 30 days). It might be solely my opinion, but that seems a bit much for a Western market to bear especially given the game is also trying to encourage players to sign on for an additional (yet optional) monthly subscription plan with its own set of benefits.

Despite all said, APB certainly shows a lot of promise. Here's hoping it proves to be a success this time around.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 5:07AM Snichy said

@hansh0tfirst.

+1.

This thorough, articulate and constructive post should be copy-and-pasted to all articles on the internet and posts about and to APB and Gamersfirst. Makes a change form the usual moaning and hatred from the community.

G1 are trying to address these issues, whether they can or not remains to be seen!

Posted: Sep 17th 2011 9:16AM Bramen said

There is the issue of people not loading correctly. It is hard to play an FPS if you can't see the opposition.

Posted: Sep 17th 2011 5:29PM Faith said

It's funny that this game hasn't even re-launched yet, I've been getting emails for $60 microtransactions (yeah real micro) for months now.

Posted: Sep 17th 2011 9:45PM augustgrace said

meh from what I saw in beta(both betas, original and this remix) and the prices being thrown about, this game has been saved from one set of incompetents only to end up in the hands of another set. Game still isn't worth what its owners seem to think it is. Predicting a slower but still inevitable decline this second time around.

Posted: Sep 17th 2011 10:29PM (Unverified) said

I'm a bit concerned with the learning curve for new players. OK ... I'm scared.

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 2:53AM thedude657 said

fun game but I usually end up yelling at the top of my lungs. Its getting better with every patch

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 5:54AM Obext said

I have been the fortunate I suppose and have not encountered any issues so far. But yea am enjoying it, it gives you the flexibility if you only have time for 1 match or you want to play 100 matches.

The pricing is unbalanced imo. I dont like to spend real money on a weapon only to have it expire in 30 days. It should be 45 days or something. I know you they have specials for permanent purchase but its too much. But I will continue to support APB and keep playing.

Posted: Sep 18th 2011 1:00PM Ryukan said

GamersFirst should change their name to Gamers'MoneyFirst based on their RMT prices alone. A temporary weapon costs around the same as a whole month's sub? Ridiculous. Items which cost as much as entire games? FFS.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 5:00AM Snichy said

@Ryukan.....or you could just download it for free and play without paying a dime.

Posted: Sep 19th 2011 2:34AM Unverfied B said

I loved the original and was very happy someone is going to relaunch it... but i'm very disappointed in MoneyFirst.

The cash shop pricing are ridiculous, it's basically AO + Monoclegate in one crappy game.
I'm not going to pay 20$ for a limited time item, get a freaking clue what "micro" means.