Posted: Sep 15th 2011 3:11PM Yellowdancer said

Does 8 million users mean 8 million people put in a credit card? Or does that mean they gave them the standard acct info that any forum asks for?

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 3:20PM HokieKC said

I don't understand how an online game with 'mini-games' counts as an MMO.

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 3:21PM Seldra said

Honestly I'm tired of this brandishing these user numbers as if they really mean something outside of investor meetings. The MMO playerbase know better than to be caught up in these numbers.

I know I'm asking for too much but if a company would be willing to post their active user numbers instead of how many people are just registered and are gone or even more amusing just a generic "user" amount.

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 3:50PM Ironraptor said

Wounder how hany of those registered players are still playing. Most likely the SW fanatics and the those who really I clone wars since there suppose to be some tie with the ty series this year.

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 6:02PM wookiehole said

totally not a MMO.. i love starwars, but this game sucks.

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 7:07PM Bladerunner83 said

8 million registered, 100 paying fools... priceless.

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 8:18PM Dunraven said

There are a lot of 8-13 year old playing because hey that's who the game was designed for.

Hopefully the SWG nutjobs will keep up their campaign against CWA and will stay clear of TOR.

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 9:07PM (Unverified) said

Clone Wars is not a good game. It is actually meant for kids. I lasted two days in it and almost puked.

Posted: Sep 16th 2011 1:15AM mattwo said

From a clip I saw, the mon calimari stuff will likely tie in to the pilot for the next season.

After all kit fisto leading an underwater attack happened in the other clone wars cartoon

Too bad "clone wars (lack of) adventures" sucks so hard...

Posted: Sep 16th 2011 2:25AM FrostPaw said

I played during beta and subscribed for the first month, at the end of the month they took all of the stuff I had earned in game and told me I had to pay more to keep it.

Hence I quit, it is just a series of minigames in an interactive lobby. Nothing wrong with that except they wasted time making an interactive lobby you simply "exist" in to emote at others and show off.

It is well presented, what is there is nice to try but it has no lasting appeal.

Free to play games forfeit the right to claim "users" since it costs nothing for 8 million people to sign up realise they don't like it and never spend a penny or keep playing.

Posted: Sep 16th 2011 5:24AM burnleyjohn said

Played through the free content for this the other night. It's for kids, so I won't be dropping any money on it. However, I bet I'm included in that 8m figure.

Given Sony's track record with consumer information, I wanted to delete my account, but I couldn't find any such option. That could be illegal in the EU considering the strict data protection laws we have here. Admittedly, all they have is my email address, but it'd be nice to fully extricate myself from something I know I'm never going to use again.