Posted: Sep 14th 2011 11:31PM Ordegar said

Umm... I find it worth noting that the game is much much better than that video. /sigh

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 1:15AM (Unverified) said

Still one of the most solid MMOs currently on the market! :)

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 2:14AM reaktorblock said

I love this game. And I always feel that the marketing guys form turbine play a complete different game ...maybe there is some PS3 version out there that is completely focused on hack n slay and that I havent found yet.

My ddo is deep and complex with a lot of unusal mmo gameplay. It has moody dungeons with great lighting, cool voice effects and real story telling in the adventures. Seems not to be in this other version. At least not in this trailer ;-)

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 9:43AM Dunraven said

DDO is awesome It took me awhile to ignore the whole ebberon setting and concentrate on the Dungeons which are amazing.

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 5:48PM QuartzTooth said

@epilepticemu There’s series of 101 articles for most classes available through the site’s compendium. These have been written with the help of the community, but you want to stop by the forums and look for builds there as well.

I would recommend against starting as a Monk, Paladin, or melee focused caster since these are either gear dependent or are difficult to build well.

Posted: Sep 16th 2011 3:53PM Kaoy said

@QuartzTooth Add rogue to that list. They can be exceptionally difficult to keep alive and dealing damage if you don't have a decent amount of experience with playing melee. Free evasion and improved evasion feats goes a long way towards helping over come their inherent squishyness, but it won't help you avoid taking a series 30+ damage hits from that ogre you were standing on the wrong side of. Knowing which is the right side to be standing can often trickier than it sounds.