Posted: Sep 14th 2011 7:32PM Daemodand said

I believe you are incorrect about spending Paragon Points getting you reward tokens. You get reward tokens when you buy Points, not when you spend them.

The "buy now" approach you encourage above does come at a price even though the Points are technically "free". Spending the Points represents an opportunity cost. You are taking an immediate benefit by purchasing something, but in so doing you are losing out on a future item you could have gotten instead. One that you might like better.

Sure, go ahead and buy the stuff you really want right now, but budgeting your points and spending conservatively will serve you much better in the long run.

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 12:34AM Utakata said

@Daemodand

Yeah...to confirm that. I spent way more than 1200 today...and nadda, nothing, not-a-thing. Either that's a bug...or you have to pay actual 1200 points worth of Gold-Pressed Latinum to obtain one. /sigh

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 6:41PM Sente said

@Utakata You get the reward tokens when you buy points. I bought some additional points and got reward tokens directly for that.

Posted: Sep 14th 2011 10:20PM Space Cobra said

I didn't get 1200 points, Only something like 960.

I just signed up last week after a long stint away from the game (well, fairly long). I never got the last 4 Vet rewards/months under the old system, so maybe that has something to do with it? Anyway, these points you say I should have is making me paranoid now.

There seems to be problems with launch all-around. You can't log into forums, but some have reset their password and have gotten in that way. I can't seem to buy anything from the Shop/Market, and a few less important bugs. I ain't complaining as much as pointing them out and expect them.

But the points thing...got any more details?

Posted: Sep 14th 2011 10:26PM JuliusSeizure said

@Space Cobra

'(and assuming you've been subscribed since the announcement)'

Got a case of parentheses blindness? ;P

(comment fail blargh)

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 12:19AM Utakata said

@JuliusSeizure

...I guess it won't help Mr. Cobra's disposition to say that I started out with a whopping 1600 points. I thought I was only going to get 800. O.O

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 6:39PM Sente said

@Space Cobra
The number of points is based on how long you have had an active subscription since July 1st and when you get billed for it.

My subscription was renewed exactly on July 1st and I had 1600 points when I logged in.

It was supposed to be 400 per month until Freedom launched. So for me it was 400 more than expected, unless they have already provided the points for October.

Posted: Sep 14th 2011 10:26PM JuliusSeizure said

'(and assuming you've been subscribed since the announcement)'

Got a case of parentheses blindness? ;P

Posted: Sep 14th 2011 10:30PM JuliusSeizure said

Has the general release date of Freedom been announced yet? I'm keen to give the game a go, but I don't know that I can spare the cash to start now. :\

Posted: Sep 14th 2011 11:45PM Stormwalker said

@JuliusSeizure Not yet, no.

Posted: Sep 15th 2011 1:16AM (Unverified) said

@JuliusSeizure

I would imagine it would be about a week or two, but that's just a guess.

For what it's worth, right now there's a bunch of little bugs cropping up with the market and other aspects of the game. Nothing show-stopping, but still causing some issues. Probably best to get that worked out before they open the game to everyone.

Why I Play: ArcheAge