Posted: Sep 13th 2011 3:35PM (Unverified) said

an MMO BOARDGAME you say?! im totally IN!! id definitely like it if there were more card and board game online games or card mmos around. it also helps that board games are very much social activities that require alot of talking so it definitely is something id like to see more of.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 4:06PM Space Cobra said

"I started to hate how much we need electricity.

When those irrational thoughts hit me, I like to play a board or card game...."

....(by booting up my comp/cellphone and using MORE electricity instead of calling my friends over for a round of Monopoly or lining up my dogs and cat and playing Poker!)?

Irony, your name is Beau! :P

(But yeah, good options. I like board games, too. Online and off!)

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 4:59PM (Unverified) said

Great topic. I'm a huge fan of the old Steve Jackson Pocket Box games and I would love to see mobile adaptions for them. Ogre, Car Wars, Necromancer and Illuminati to name a few. That seems like a no brainer to me yet devs seem hell bent on trying to come up with the next Angry Birds which is a great game for all of 10 minutes. I know that's been a tremendous success for them but the flop to hit ratio given from what I've seen on the market would lead me to believe that they're more likely to be hit by lightening.

As a business man myself, it seems like the more conservative return on my investment would be to port a proven and popular tabletop game to a mobile platform.

Along this topic I can recommend to anyone interested Carcassone for the iPhone. It's a true port of a tabletop game to a mobile device and it gets regular updates. Good fun.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 5:55PM Beau Hindman said

@(Unverified) hey man, speaking of car wars...have you seen this MMO?

Dark Wind is a turn-based car battle thing. Might be worth checking out. I liked it when I played it.

Beau

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 6:54PM (Unverified) said

@Beau Hindman

Wow, this looks great! Thanks for the tip!!!

Posted: Sep 14th 2011 9:25AM Skymoon said

Oh,yeah! Online games is so interesting that I can't control myself.I always spend three hours everyday.So funny!
The Japanese's puzzle games is very Creative.Some times it will take you several hours although you feel just few minutes.

Posted: Sep 14th 2011 3:06PM jaggard said

I just recently delved back into my old MTGO collections when I heard they'd made pauper a tournament format. (Which turned out to be a waste of time... the format is broken as all hell, and the cards needed in some cases are fetching rare prices... but I digress.)

It definitely occurred to me while playing that a CCG/Strategy/Turn Based game on a mobile platform would be a huge hit if done correctly. Of course, these games are historically and notoriously "pay to win"...

Not sure if there was a point in there at all. Nice article!

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM