Posted: Sep 13th 2011 3:40PM (Unverified) said

Such a disappointing game.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 4:12PM epilepticemu said

@(Unverified) Could you be more specific? I'm thinking of giving it a try!

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 4:46PM (Unverified) said

i really enjoyed the game and am playing a season two map right now, it is a niche game, but if its your niche, you will love it.

Unfortunately season three allows you to use your credit card to alter your city resources, which basically allows you to purchase in game gold from Ubisoft. Gold mines are key resources that affect the size of army you can support, how many troops you can hire, what buildings you can afford to develop, ect.
In season three you can buy from the cash shop the ability to double your gold mines around all your cities, doubling your gold income and allowing you to support and hire much larger armies than those that do not use their credit card to change their resources.
for this reason, I am quitting this game and cancelled my sub. I dont want to play a game where I feel the need to use my credit card to remain competitive.
its funny you read on the forums the developers trying to defend this saying its not that big an advantage, but they will say anything to defend something that is going to make them lots of money.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 5:50PM ApathyCurve said

I recently started playing HOMM3 again (still a great game) and was wondering how this stacks up to that classic gameplay? Worth the time for a HOMM3 fan, or just meh?

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 9:19PM Greymantle said

The combat in this game was such a disappointment. It could be exploited to the point where a casting hero would kick butt on a force twice the size of it's own.

Posted: Oct 31st 2011 6:15AM Toyaga said

They turned it into pay2win game. Skip along fellas it not worth it anymore. I wish Beau would revisit it and bash the pay2win system to oblivion. Do it Beau save countless people from this pointless p2w game.

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM