Posted: Sep 12th 2011 10:23AM cingeto said

I cringe every time I read that WoT is an MMO. It's as much of an MMO as Battlefield BC2 or CoD, unless a cashshop makes it an MMO... Sigh, I don't mean to troll but I just needed to get it out of my ssytem. I'm fine now :D

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 10:48AM Pingles said

@cingeto

This comment is made on a regular basis but I'm not sure if most people are aware that the clan warfare takes place on a persistent world map, giving the game more depth than just the average lobby shooter.

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 10:57AM nimzy said

@Pingles The fact that you have to bring it up...

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 12:19PM cingeto said

@Pingles

Yepp, I thought of that just after I made the post, but the 'persistant war' part is not a big part of the game as far as I know. I've played ~30h and I'm not sure exactly how it works, since it's only for clans (and I'm not in one).

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 1:06PM Saker said

@cingeto It's definitely not trolling when what you're saying is the truth. (except in the eyes of rabi-fanbois, for who any criticism is deadliest heresy)

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 1:19PM Eric Francis said

@cingeto I was looking at the comments and was gonna ask this question, isnt world of tanks just a lobby with some multiplayer maps?

The definition of MMO usually comprises a persistent world.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 1:48AM RedWolf said

@cingeto

It has character advancement (tank tech trees) and a persistent world(Ultimate Conquest/Clan Wars). By any definition that is an MMO.

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 1:35PM (Unverified) said

As a player of WoT, i would actually consider it a persistant lobby hybrid and not an MMO (at least in the traditional sense)

What irks me is that this article basically tells me nothing. Did Jef actually read the roadmap?

Its not just new tank models, its the addition of a full line up of French Tanks, as well finally comitting to the developement of British and Japanese tanks that the community has been waiting to see. Not to mention a bonafide Tutorial and the addition of acheivements. As well as extending platoons from 3 players to 5.

I mean seriously, the Massively twitter feed that alerted me to this article told me the exact same thing basically.

Time for this website to stop rushing the story to be the FIRST and actually adding, Oh i dunno, content to the post?

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 2:02PM nc drake pilot said

@(Unverified)
I heard the French tanks go faster in reverse than forward... Can't wait!

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 6:21PM Patrick Mackey said

@(Unverified)

I dunno man, when we got the press release I kinda flipped my lid. British tanks! YAY

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 1:39PM (Unverified) said

Oh now reading the the blurb (cant really call it an article) Jef does cover the game modes, but thats about it.

Just basically, I would LOVE to see this website cover all the games with the detail they devote to GW2, and all the major MMOs. Heck, even the crappy Korean titles get more details than this single blurb did.

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 3:02PM Pingles said

So to summarize the comments:

- Why are you covering it, it's not an MMO!

- You need to write more articles about this game!

Got it!

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 3:32PM FrostPaw said

I consider it an mmo, don't really care what other people think.

Posted: Oct 16th 2011 7:06AM kakam said

This game got only 1 game mod for more than a year and still bugged and unbalanced, the team don't even try to listen to the community, not really wise on a pay to win game.

for the ppl who still not have tested it, i higly think you better don't even bother wasting time on this game