Posted: Sep 13th 2011 12:25AM Yukon Sam said

I remember one time back in the day when we were having a small group chat with a UO programmer. Somebody suggested an enhancement, and he said, "that's awesome. Hang on a second". A few minutes later he came back and said, "it's in".

Now that's bad version control and a breach of good programming discipline and all that, but DAMN! Way to make the community feel involved!

Needless to say, I love the AC concept.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 1:40AM (Unverified) said

Wish I could get passed the log-in issues. been wanting to play this game again.

It's been a loooong time.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 7:06AM pcgneurotic said

@(Unverified)

Yah, I tried again last year, but was stumped at the blue pot filling up. Shame they can't fix/update the connection issues.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 5:24AM Graill440 said

Memories. To bad the allegiance bot fiasco started with people demanding players grind their allocation of points per day.......... i left because of it.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 6:56AM mmogaddict said

Still remember probably one of the best after offical dev chat ever. Luckily I live in Australia so was up for the entire thing, all 2+ hours or so of it...

The birth of Devilmouse.

Proof that Dev's have been under the control of occult forces for awhile.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 9:05AM MMOaddict said

If only wishes came true...probably impossible, BUT I would like the Devs to overhaul the UI and character movement/controls to modern standards. I can't get past how clunky moving feels and therefore have never gotten into this so called gem of a game.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 9:29AM ApathyCurve said

@MMOaddict

To be fair, AC has always been a bit "clunky." That's part of the charm -- or so I'm told. I gave it a spin about a year after release, and I admit it was unique, but I went back to EQ pretty quickly. It's definitely one of those love-it-or-meh games.

As to the community, it's... uh... different. In the interest of being nice, that's all I'll say on the matter.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 11:05AM SnarlingWolf said

This is the second time they've done a Day of Dev's time. The first one went really well and they added in a lot of things.

It is just another way that Asheron's Call Dev's are far more tied in with the community than just about any other MMO.

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 12:42PM Space Cobra said

I find it wild, weird, but kinda comforting that this game is still around. :)

Posted: Sep 13th 2011 12:47PM Ryukan said

Love the fact that AC is still being played, this was my first MMO and I loved it and played it for years. Nice to know it still ahs some life left in it.

Now what they need to do is reboot this series with a next gen Asheron's Call game that is more akin to the first Asheron's Call as opposed to the second. I would play that in an instant and for a long time to come I would bet.

The Daily Grind: Should museums preserve MMOs?

Posted on Oct 1st 2014 8:00AM