Posted: Sep 10th 2011 9:18PM (Unverified) said

It's disheartening that there are no apparent fixes to the shoddy aspects of the PC client so far. Makes it more and more likely that there never will be and it's treated merely as a testing platform for a PS3 release which SE is betting all their money on. What a shame.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 9:52PM TotalLamer said

I might be interested in the RP guild.

Haven't played in forever... but I was on Besaid. The client is still a bit clunky for my taste, but WoW is pissing me off something fierce with the way they're developing my favorite race and characters along with just the general way the story is progressing, so I'm strongly considering starting up FFXIV again...

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 10:01PM Syesta said

I will definitely be applying. Thanks for the heads-up Eliot.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 11:21PM alzeer said

SE never been good with stats
in FFXI most players didn't know : the required accuracy to hit mobs , their crit and haste , they can be calculated but it was too troublesome for average player.
and stats assigned to gear was even worse issue , you could find many many armor pieces with the most random/useless stats ever, even many piece can make you outright weaker.

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 11:26AM (Unverified) said

@alzeer

I don't want to start an argument, but I think that is totally untrue. Everyone knew +acc & haste was a must have for melee jobs. They also knew that 1 dex = .5 acc for 1 handed weapons and 1dex=.75 for 2 handed weapons. same with str:att.

Gear was situational in FFXI. You might have some boots with +agi on them, that were only good for 1 skill. You would macro that in and out for that skill.

In FFXIV there is no changing gear mid battle, so all stats on gear will be more catered to your specific role.

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 1:28PM alzeer said

@(Unverified) i said how much accuracy is "required"
since it varies with each mobs type/lvl

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 3:53AM pcgneurotic said

Is FF XIV (or XI) available for purchase and download online anywhere?

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 4:20AM StBlackjack said

@pcgneurotic For 16 bucks you can get the entire Final Fantasy XI collection (all expansions packs and downloadable expansions) on digital download at Amazon.

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 4:28AM Mevan said

@pcgneurotic

FFXIV is not currently available for online purchase.

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 3:18AM pcgneurotic said

@pcgneurotic

Thanks for the info guys! :)

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 8:03AM (Unverified) said

I have a doubt about FFXI and FFXIV: Do any of them require a subscription to play? On SE FFXIV website they say it has a monthly subscription, but I have a friend who owns the game and says he never had to pay for it, he just bought the game and can log whenever.
As for FFXI I never looked around to know if it has a subscription, but when I bought SE summer camp pack at Steam, I got FFXI and I don't know if I should even bother installing it, since I'm not willing to pay monthly for the game, and I don't know if I can play it without paying.

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 9:48AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/charge.html - Says that there's a $11.95 sub fee for basic service and $1.00 for each character you have. So about $13 a month to play one character.

FFXIV requires you to enter credit card information but will not charge you at the moment. You'd only be paying for the box price right now. Supposedly they'll start charging a subscription fee again when the game is up to par, which the PS3 version will likely launch alongside it at that point.

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 1:27PM alzeer said

i said how much accuracy is "required"
since it varies with each mobs type/lvl

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 1:28PM alzeer said

@alzeer replay fail

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 11:34AM (Unverified) said

I'm looking forward to the auto stat allocation in 1.19. It'll bring balance between jobs in relation to each other. Yeah it subtracts from the customization of each character allowing players to dump points into very focused categories it by in large made stats worthless if you spread them out.
This allows stats on gear to become meaningful. Currently +3 str on a pair of gloves does nothing for you. The +20 you get from your entire gear set, still means next to nothing. Come 1.19 +3 str still might not be substantial by itself, but the +20 from all the gear will.

In the future when they allow us to allocate stats I hope their is either a soft cap on each stat per level. Or they only give us a very limited point pool to disperse as not to create meaningless stat once again.