Posted: Sep 10th 2011 11:44AM bassec said

• 1 heart
Is it just me or does that look dull as all hell?

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 11:55AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
No, yeah - that is the dullest environment I've ever seen. Why does it look so bland? I wish their descriptions matched the in game visuals.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 12:41PM tonzofo said

It could be due to the fact that the game is like 13 years old, if you take that into consideration they've actually done quite a bit of good with an old engine.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 1:26PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
@tonzofo Nope, don't think so. WoW, even though dated, has environments even more exciting than those. Note: I've quit WoW a long time ago, so I'm not biased.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 2:06PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)
Ummm, maybe EQ came out in 1999 and WoW came out in 2004.... NBD

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 3:44PM MMOaddict said

Sad thing is, parts of that looked like EQ2. The color pallete and lighting style they use in both games is the real problem I think. That and the extremely flat ground surfaces. Good thing both games have game systems that make up for the lackluster artwork.

It's funny actually, the game box art, concept art and Legends of Norrath card art look so much better than the actual games. They need to bring the games up to par with the still art.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 9:45PM (Unverified) said

I've been playing MMORPGs since Ultima Online in 1997. I played the original EQ. For all you newschool WoW kids barking about how "bland" this looks, you have no idea what the original EQ looked like. A first person low res game in a giant square framed UI.

That zone preview video looked better than EQ2, IMO... Also - graphics don't mean shit in the long run... what matters is content, mechanics, gameplay - and EQ is deeper and larger than anything else out there.

Kudos to the art, design, and dev teams for keeping EQ alive for the loyal players and for continuously creating imaginative worlds for us to explore!! This shit looks good.

Posted: Sep 12th 2011 7:26AM Lionhearted said

I, for one, think it looks like a worthy expansion... my only beef is I question how long until the developers give up on the flying boats like they did the boats in water, and just skip to teleporters... I hope I'm wrong. Part of the fun in the original EQ was the journey, and boat rides were the best!