Posted: Sep 9th 2011 8:07AM chaosbelow247 said

Ragnarok online! When people finally get around to playing it most of the time they say its one of their favorite mmos! I still play from time to time, the mechanics of the game just make it so fun to play and I love the art style!

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 9:30AM DarkWalker said

@chaosbelow247
I played it for a fair time, was even beta-tester for the Brazilian version.
Unfortunately, I can't stand games that don't have a respec option. The first time I regretted spending a single attribute point, I left the game, never to return.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 7:27PM Faction 3 said

@chaosbelow247

I tried Ragnarok earlier this month actually, I didnt mind it that much, but to me it was just too monotnus (sp?). I admit to not making it to a very high level, however, the travel options didnt rub me the right way, like I had to use butterfly wings to travel around and worried about running out. Also, the Map feature didnt really do ANYTHING for me. Trying to find the Archer Guild House was a pain in the ass, because the World Map dont zoom in. It just gives you a small layout of the zone when you mouse over it, thats all.

I really wanted to like it too. But I just could'nt handle it. Pretty sure its just me though, as I imagine its a great game to those who enjoy it.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 8:15AM braid said

Anarchy Online. Funcom pioneered a lot of mechanics we take for granted nowadays like instancing and dynamic quests, not to mention they rolled the dice on a sci-fi MMO in a fantasy-saturated market.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 8:31AM Calen said

@braid Definitly. Anarchy Online was a gem in it's time, and the game is holding quite good up still today, but they REALLY need to get that revamp out the door now.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 9:47AM ApathyCurve said

@Calen

Yup. I was a die-hard AO player many years ago, and they can recapture a significant market share with the graphics revamp, but their window of opportunity is shrinking rapidly. They should kick AoC to the curb and switch a bunch of dev assets over to revitalizing AO. It is a far superior game.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 9:51AM Oyjord said

@Calen

Agreed. I can't wait for the revamp!

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 11:52PM Nepentheia said

@braid

Yup! Anarchy Online has some amazing, very creative things that don't exist in other MMOs.

And... it has Leets! :-D

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 8:17AM (Unverified) said

S.U.N. great graphics, gameplay, toons look great....just needs more people playing it. R2 came out but I still prefer the graphics of SUN.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 8:20AM heerobya said

I think Earth and Beyond was a great little game, but sadly it completely died after SWG came out, and then a few years later WoW / EQ2.

It had some unique concepts that I still believe would be a good fit in a new, fresh title.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 8:22AM deejrandom said

Final fantasy XIV. After such a bad launch, the game is finally starting to feel like a good game, The changes implemented under the new game head really are making a difference.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 8:27AM Seinaru said

Mabinogi. It's got a lot of unique stuff in it and it's pretty much the only f2p sandbox besides RuneScape that has a large population.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 8:35AM Zenn said

@Seinaru

I absolutely agree with you, ever since they removed most of the restrictions requiring you to have premium service and free rebirths at age 20, the game is infinitely better.

I played it a couple years back and was like...so it's free to trial then u gotta pay premium service to do anything good and forced to buy rebirth cards as well?? Well stuff that.

I got back into it just a few months ago and have been loving not being forced to pay to enjoy the game, but rather for added goodies instead.

Mabinogi is definitely one of those hidden gems amongst the other ocean load of craptastic F2P MMO's nowadays

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 8:35AM dudes said

Probably Anarchy Online. Dark Age of Camelot is a classical gem.

I would say Darkfall but it has cult status.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 8:39AM SwarlesBarkley said

I have been playing World of Tanks for a month now (since I became disenchanted with the Isengard "expansion") and have to say, I do not see enough people really giving this game kudos.. I have mentioned this game to others and most have never even tried it out. I feel like I am weird for playing it at times because its so simple, but its good fun.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 9:13AM (Unverified) said

@SwarlesBarkley World of tank is not an MMO, it is a first person shooter, you may as well inlcude combat arms, AVA, etc. I never understood why this site thinks its an MMO

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 10:38AM EyezRed said

@(Unverified)

I totally agree with you. It should be listed under the not so massively article.

All you ppl who downvoted this comment really need to try to remember what mmo's have been in the past. MASSIVE PERSISTENT WORLDS. Anyway I agree WoT is not an mmo and the ppl who think that it is are retards........

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 11:06AM (Unverified) said

@EyezRed Correct, maybe because it starts with "World of" that this site automatically includes it. Maybe if Call of Duty was called "World of Call of Duty" it would be included.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 11:54AM Saker said

@SwarlesBarkley Not a MMO. Also I can't agree that it's got anything except nice graphics going for it. These days nice graphics should be a given. It has what most believe are strong problems with balance, and the "matchmaking" system is widely hated. Also it's widely believed to be simply a pay-to-win title.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 12:08PM Pingles said

@EyezRed

World of Tanks has a persistent world that is battled for by clans. The free portion of the game is lobby-based but the clan warfare battles effect the world map.