Posted: Sep 10th 2011 12:20AM The Grand Nagus said

According to these 2 statements from the article, F2P is happening in "late October":

"Our immediate goal is to get the next Feature Episode series live along with launching the game in the F2P model."

"The FE series will be added in late October."

So if the next FE series is launching with F2P, and the next FE series is coming "late October", that means F2P is also "late October".

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 8:27AM Skyydragonn said

Can I safely say "I told you so." now?

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 11:08AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
@Skyydragonn
no doubt how many fanbois tried to come tot he rescue of this POS game, "it is a AAA title and cryptic won't go F2P" LOL
where are they now?
sitting in the corner wondering how much they will have to pay for thier special cat person starfleet uniform now LOL
failassgame

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 6:51PM Bladerunner83 said

@Skyydragonn

Hah, my Air Force buddy called me up and said, "Ah f*ck man, I should have listened to you. I spent all that money on the collector's edition and now its f*cking free, what a load of bullsh*t." So I said, "Just remember, if it's got Cryptic attached to it, you can expect it to be free eventually."

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 7:44PM Daverator said

@Bladerunner83

Still doesn't really matter, unless he wanted to wait a year or so before playing the game. I hope you are talking about he bought collectors at release for a lot, since collectors was on sale for $5 on steam not too long ago.

But yea, anyone who bought a box should get some type of recognition in the f2p transition, even though I doubt it will actually happen.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 7:59PM Bladerunner83 said

@Daverator

Cryptic had him brainwashed before the game was even released. He bought the pre-order collector's edition.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 1:37PM Lateris said

Did the single maps for space make it from the devs laptop to the test server yet?

Massively's MMO guide to the 2014 winter holidays