Posted: Sep 9th 2011 1:54PM (Unverified) said

The new content is simply awesome. Nothing more to say.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 2:24PM Nautius said

AoC is my staple game. No matter what i run off to play, I always come back. My annual subscription is still active until Dec. is the new zone automatically available to me, or do I have to purchase that?

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 3:50PM Jef Reahard said

@Nautius

You have to purchase it.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 2:42PM Lateris said

So to me the new content is really geared to the new crowd leveling past 50, with some side raids and instances for lvl 80;s. . The rest of the year will be finishing out House of Crom, solo content, and raids. But next year we could see an expansion for level 80 and up????

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 3:51PM Jef Reahard said

@Lateris

There's definitely a new adventure pack coming next year according to the dev update. It didn't mention level ranges, though. I'd be happy to see some more 80 stuff personally.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 5:10PM Valentina said

There will be both adventure packs, expansion packs, and the regular free content updates. All in all we'll be getting a lot more content than we did before, Age of Conan is now far more profitable and popular than it had been for a long time. It sounds like there could be some new revamps underway as well like the UI according to their latest survey.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 11:31AM Poordevil said

@Valentina

I hope you are right! I logged on to AoC for the first time a little over a year ago. There is no question the player population has zoomed since going FtP. It seems to be the single most influential addition to the game since launch, beating even the game's only expansion.

It seems like AoC might have been given that rarest gift of any MMO, a second chance. Baring any major missteps in design or direction, this game might maintain a decent level of popularity and be around for a while longer.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 5:42PM BigAndShiny said

I hope the next pack is a new 1-20 experience.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 6:01PM mechanicalturk said

Really looking forward to getting back into AoC, but it won't happen until they make Deathwish into the FFA server that was originally promised.