Posted: Sep 8th 2011 7:19PM drwily81 said

I agree the nerd rage at the swtor forums after the news of this weeks beta cancelation was quite epic. This is going to be a great game but having to play with that community is really going to suck.

Btw is there an mmo that doesn't have a community full of nancyboy cry babies aside from eve. That drove me away from wow.

Posted: Sep 8th 2011 7:58PM Lucidus said

@drwily81 It's OK, but not earth shattering.

Posted: Sep 8th 2011 7:59PM hereafter said

@drwily81

I think every game has its good parts, you just have to find 'em. While it's true TOR's forums are pretty ridiculous, I know there are sane segments of it. There's one group calling themselves "Respect in Gaming" that's been trying to consolidate themselves onto one or two servers, but I'm not sure how active they are right now.

Posted: Sep 8th 2011 8:07PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Ok, I'm not trying to jump on the Ren54 bandwagon, but i'm pissed with BioWare. Their neglect of the European market bothered me, but i just went along since i'm in the american market. But they directly told us every weekend this month would be a mass open testing. They did one weekend, excluded the Europeans indefinitely for no reason, decided there would be no testing this weekend for no reason, and now we find out we're only getting one more weekend?

But hey, two out of four for one market is great. Good job their, BioWare.

I'm not one to get pissed at the news here. Hell, comment on this site bother me more then what develops are doing, but this is crap. I love Bioware. They have given me some awesome games. But if this is any example of how their dev team or support staff will conduct themselves, then they're pushing me more and more into the arms of ArenaNet.

Posted: Sep 8th 2011 8:18PM Mtor said

• Half a heart
"The post also discusses the successes and failures of the test and notes that almost every goal set by the team was met or exceeded"

Yes, that's why they canceled this week's planned beta at the last minute and upset their playerbase. Because everything went so well the week before. Bur.

In other news, down is now up and up is now down.

Posted: Sep 8th 2011 8:55PM Jwheeler said

Mtor, you piss ant.

Posted: Sep 8th 2011 8:58PM Yellowdancer said

I think its funny how a couple weeks ago Bioware was an Angel that just earned its wings and today they're the enemy of man. Oh and they apparently hate Europe.

If you trusted Bioware before, trust them now. They'll get a good product out to you.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 8:19PM Cannyone said

@Yellowdancer
I trust BioWare... but NOT EA!

Posted: Sep 8th 2011 9:06PM Zellis said

Gosh I can't wait for them to put in 25 dollar sparkle speeders!

Posted: Sep 8th 2011 9:51PM eyeball2452 said

• 1 heart
I'm not buying what Bioware is selling. If they just wanted to run a small beta test, why not use the older build client? There's more going on here and the secretive nature doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 12:16PM cyb3rpunk75 said

• 1 heart
This game is a steaming turd, they got a lot of feedback to that effect now they don't know what to do lol

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 12:24PM cyb3rpunk75 said

• 1 heart
This game is a steaming turd. That is all.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 2:00PM fattybeef said

Its pretty funny how every single story about this is rage city.

Game isn't ready = don't release, not hard.
Game based off existing successful MMO = Will be similar, not surprising
Game will be simplified so idiot 12 year olds can play = Their over privileged asses have parents giving them whatever they want and it is a nostalgic connection to mom and dads childhood, pretty sound marketing plan
Game will not look super awesome = not many folks have upgraded any PC related stuff in the last 3-4 years since those machines are good enough and this will be marketed to the masses, again, not surprising

Europe is in the middle of an economic catastrophe, Star Wars should be at not the top of your priority list if you live there.

On a completely unrelated note, how bout Rambo the man of the match in the England Wales game. Maybe he can transfer some of that magic to Arsenal?

Finally, you could always not buy the game?

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 2:36PM Joshinu said

Summary of the delay of beta invites:
Beta testers are easily startled, but they'll soon be back, and in greater numbers.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 3:19PM Crode said

The weekend stress test was using an older stable client from about a month ago. It was rock solid for many of us.

It seems they are restructuring some parts of the game that need it. So they are working on a new stable build in the next few weeks and altering their schedule accordingly.

Posted: Sep 10th 2011 8:16PM Cannyone said

I was gratified to discover that my indiscretions on the SWTOR forums had not eliminated me from the Beta Selection Pool! :-D

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories