The Grand Masquerade is the annual event held by White Wolf in New Orleans, Louisiana as a fan gathering for World of Darkness. Since White Wolf and CCP are working on a World of Darkness MMO, we're especially interested in getting some first-hand information out of the event. This year, they've confirmed that more details on the MMO will be revealed, so we're especially excited to be a part of it.
Read on after the jump for details on how you can apply to represent Massively at The Grand Masquerade.
What you'll need (as paraphrased from our hiring page):
- To be able to legally work in the United States, and have a US bank account.
- Arrangements to be at The Grand Masquerade. We won't be able to pay for travel or accommodations.
- A willingness to do an in-person interview.
- Proper writing skills, including (but not limited to) proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage.
- Some way to record the interview to transcribe later.
- A registered account with Seed (so we can pay you).
Your only duties for us will include:
- Attending a scheduled interview with CCP/White Wolf.
- Being professional when representing Massively during the interview.
- Recording the interview.
- Transcribing and writing up the interview in a timely manner.
And that's about it. Since we're working with such a short time frame, we're going to need all applications in by Monday, September 12th at 8 a.m. EDT. Send those to email@example.com with your full contact details (name, address, phone number) and samples of your work. If you don't have samples readily available, write a 500- to 1000-word essay on your experience and knowledge of World of Darkness and what you're looking forward to the most in the upcoming MMO.
We'll contact the best applicant later on the evening of the 12th and coordinate details of the interview from there. If there's anything I missed here, or you have any questions, ask them in the comments below.