Posted: Sep 6th 2011 12:04PM (Unverified) said

Congratulations to Oliver and the entire Star Trek Reunion team! Your work is inspiring and a true gift to the Star Trek and STO communities! Can't wait to watch the rest of the series!

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 12:04PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) that is a lot of !!!s lol

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 12:26PM CaptPFDennis said

Thank you so much for the mention. Episode 2 is in the works. In the meantime, check us out at www.startrekreunion.com.

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 12:30PM b3n said

I was interested unitl you said... "Oliver Smith admits to being a hardcore STO player"

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 12:33PM cerberusfilms said

@b3n I actually don't admit to that, I'm just a big fan of it, I play it when I can :-P

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 12:32PM cerberusfilms said

Thank you so much for this article guys.

The much improved and bettered Episode 2 is on its way, it'll be here soon (TM) I promise.

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 1:17PM pcgneurotic said

Watching this is a total bar-raising moment... Bloody good work people, you make me proud to be a Trekker. :)

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 2:21PM Vandal said

I always enjoy MMO machnima and it's really great to see one using STO.

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 2:44PM (Unverified) said

Great machinima, but ... if you plan on making this a big thing, I would hire a NEW voiceover cast. They do an ok job for a highschool or college production, but if you want this to be AMAZINg as I know it could be, I would do 2 things..

1 - Go to diff websites that offer lists of current voiceover artists

and 2 - hire someone that knows about computer effects and graphics, which you can add to your machinima, rather than only using the STO effect.

gj regardless, im sure when you guys finish high school you will be well on ur way to getting noticed in the field.

if you are already out of hs/college, then im sure if you keep practicing, youll get it perfect

not bad at all for an amateur production

also, maybe break the episodes in 3-4 parts so people can take a break

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 6:05PM cerberusfilms said

@(Unverified) Our VO artists are all around the World, UK, (US, Australia to name a few) as such it's hard to maintain the same quality. We've also invested in ways to make the recordings fluid (ie. we can record them off of one another at the same time)
I'm the only person who's in Secondary Education of the entire team (I'm the youngest by far) but I'm also a professional film-maker. It was an amateur production because we used no money on it, we used the tools we had. We still are but we learned a lot from the first episode and episode 2 will be much better.

I'm also curious about what you mean by breaking it into 3-4 parts?

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 2:46PM BigAndShiny said

Really nicely captured ingame visuals but jeez the voice acting is atrocious.
The bar scene at the beginning expecially.

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 4:31PM BigAndShiny said

@BigAndShiny
especially, I apologise.
(and yes, it has an s)

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 4:58PM tepster said

Some of the voice acting is borderline ridiculous but great job nonetheless!

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 6:38PM bulldozerftw said

Awesome video of what I wish mmo's were more like in general obviously with the added benefit of having a funded development team.

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM