Posted: Sep 5th 2011 1:05PM MaddZ said

I did play Eve, however L4 missions were fairly boring, and I really don't have the time to take on PvP.

My biggest complaint is the gate camps. They provide a fairly substantial barrier of entry to low/null sec systems, and punish new players in a bad bad way.

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 11:01AM Calfis said

@MaddZ

Most of the "new players" who have issues with this are the ones that prefer not to take part in group play. I was a new player once and had no issues getting into nullsec my second month. I just had to join a group that was already there and had an arrangement with the dominant power in the area.

From my experience the players who have issues with this don't want to feel beholdened to established players. i.e. they feel they are entitled to their own personal piece of nullsec because of the monthly fee they pay and thats just not true. Group work is rewarded more than individual work and thats the way it is and should be.

Posted: Sep 5th 2011 2:18PM EyezRed said

This is a great article. I am sitting in a POS right now reading this thinking to myself "wow IF they ever implemented this I might head down to fountain for a lil while either solo or with just a small group of friends" lol. It is an interesting idea about the small holders structures. I would love the ability to do such things without having to have a massive gang of logistics like you need to set up a pos. Cool ideas but I hold my breath as to how long it will take to implement on the server. Only time will tell.

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 12:15AM Yukon Sam said

Accept that everybody who wants to be in nullsec is already there, and move on.

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 2:00PM (Unverified) said

I am in agreement with getting rid of local chat for a new set of scouting tools for 0.0. I am not in favor of being able to scan down cloaked ships aside from maybe a slow probe that says "yeah we detect the presence of a cloaked ship" without providing a location. Stealth ships don't come with an "I win" button and allowing them to be scanable / lockable when cloaked gives them an "I'm useless" button.

I live in J space currently (Wormholes) and it teaches you how to scout and fly safe without any local chat. If we want to mine in our wormhole we have to put cloakie guards on all WH exits and hope that someone didn't scan down our grav site the night before and logoff in our hole with a stealth bomber or cloakie T3.

With that said, for some people J space is the real end game in Eve, especially for those with a low tolerance bureaucracy. Jump in, set up shop and forget local, keep your eyes on Dscan...

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 2:29PM Vandal said

The hardcore sandbox founded on the necessity of large guilds is now looking for a way to make itself more solo-friendly. Very interesting.

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 2:58PM Calfis said

@Vandal

Trying to make a Massively MULTIPLAYER Online game more solo-friendly is a contradiction IMO.