Posted: Sep 1st 2011 10:07PM JuliusSeizure said

@NeverDeath

They're not announcing that it's for free. They're announcing that it's no longer got a price tag attached. That is something worth saying.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2011 3:21PM Neiloch said

@NeverDeath Why they charge a sub if not for content? Servers. Maintenance. Bug fix's. Customer support. etc etc. I mean its understandable you would be confused, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2011 4:17PM NeverDeath said

@Neiloch

Other MMOs provide all of that PLUS content for a sub fee. I believe it is you who know naught of which you speak.All your post does is further highlight the issue I mentioned. Non-sub games already provide half of the things you mentioned as being a reason to pay a sub fee, such as bug fixes and customer support.

You're not very good at this whole "trolling" bit, are you? Please come prepared with at least semi-thoughtful arguments grounded at least partially in reality, or don't come at all.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 4:46PM Furdinand said

I love how people are, rather that going "yay, I get to play a Lantern for free" are complaining about how SOE shouldn't have announced that it would be paid DLC in the first place. Basically, you have commenters that will not be happy until Jens has Rip Hunter send him back to 2010 in order to change the past.
Paying a subscription doesn't make a game company your content slave. If they put out content above and beyond what is expected, they have every right to charge extra for it. If players don't think it is truly extra content they will not buy it and/or stop playing the game. The free market will keep the game company practices in check..

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 6:29PM Skyydragonn said

Finally they did something reasonably to keep the game going.

As others ahve said tis a good game emchanics wise and very well done in terms of visuals, just lacked real content. Thier initial plan to make players pay for this content is what made me cancel my sub. I may pick it back up now. We'll see.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 7:21PM Yellowdancer said

Yay! Black Lightning is the next DLC pack, btw.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2011 2:40AM Furdinand said

@Yellowdancer Black Lightning is in the next update?

Posted: Sep 2nd 2011 9:19AM Yellowdancer said

@Furdinand

Black Lightning is the next DLC update.

Next free updates are 2 Superman Raids. Then after that, Wonder Woman raids.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2011 1:50AM (Unverified) said

I don't know guys i think the game is dead. I resubed a week ago, tried to play it different hours, different days and its dead no one is there, it like a ghost town.

Going to try again this weekend to see if things change. Its too bad actually a combat system that's leaps and bounds from regular mmos and SOE killed it because they couldn't release content to keep the player base happy.

Its weird though you release a game were the leveling is non existing so you can concentrate on the end game and you don't really have an end game, go figure.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2011 2:41AM Furdinand said

@(Unverified) Sorry, but you are flat out lying. Watchtower is packed.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2011 9:20AM Yellowdancer said

@(Unverified)

Every server is packed except the Euro PC server. They all pretty much moved over to the US server. So if you are there, y ou might consider moving also.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2011 2:36AM Alph said

Well guys, I guess all our complaining on their forums paid off.

We won!

Good job and keep making companies stay honest(ish)!

Posted: Sep 2nd 2011 8:44PM Yellowdancer said

@Alph

Also, Free time from the Sony breach expired on August 31st. Looks like they might have been waiting for that to expire.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2011 4:41PM mattwo said

@Alph Dude that never helped in SWG's case. Ofc now it's kind of gonna die so maybe they're learning.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2011 4:40PM mattwo said

So wait, do only current subscribers get it free? I'm a bit miffed because I won the sweepstakes and if they changed the prize and that is the case, then I WON'T be getting it for free at all.

Posted: Sep 9th 2011 9:42PM syberghost said

Can somebody name for me three subscription-based MMOs with a combined membership greater than 5% of the US MMO market that don't also have a cash shop?

The Daily Grind: I'll miss you, Vanguard

Posted on Jul 31st 2014 8:00AM

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM