Posted: Sep 1st 2011 9:12AM Tizmah said

Does Paragon Studios have another MMO in the works? Or are they planning on living on City of Heroes forever? I've not heard of anything else they are working on.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 7:05PM paterah said

@Tizmah Paragon Studios is a team formed by NCsoft to keep updating and maintain City of Heroes. So the answer is probably not.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 9:26AM Wic said

Cox2 web page has been booked and they have been working on cox2 but very quietly. CoX will be like eq original is to SOE it won't die it will be a part of the stable.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 11:45AM Stormwalker said

@Wic There's no evidence they're working on any such thing. Having a website placeholder means nothing. They could simply have bought it to prevent anyone else from claiming the domain name. CoX2 has been nothing but a rumor for the past couple years.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 9:54AM CitizenH said

'City of' has always put out a ton a free content on a regular basis. In the game's first 9 months they put out arguably more free stuff than other guys have in paid expansions. Multiply that over seven years, that's a lot of stuff.

The problem is, it's split over two factions and you have to switch sides to play it. Also, a lot of it is hit or miss. The RWZ makeover and Cimerora were huge hits. The Shadow Shard and Gladiator PvP were misses.

They throw a lot at the wall and see what sticks, but honestly they've never really learned how to predict that any better than at Day 1. The Keyes Incarnate Trial is proof. Even in the Issue 21 content there's stuff I don't see having 'legs' to last once the shine comes off.

They've yet to duplicate the simple success of the ITF which is almost universally loved and can be run a million times over and still be fun.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 11:22AM (Unverified) said

Unlike with Champions, I believe when the CoX team says they are going to put out more frequent updates. The Signature Series missions sound pretty cool and they're getting new power sets with the Freedom update.

I'm certainly going to check out CoX when it goes free to play.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 11:34AM ZenJitsu said

I'm impressed that even with their workload on getting CoH Freedom up and running that they want to increase production. I agree with CitizenH above that they've output a pretty steady amount of free content with each issue. (http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Issues)

Even with them going F2P, I'm not concerned as they've taken great care of me as a player over the years, and I've certainly never felt shorted even when they were down to 15 people on staff.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 11:40AM Space Cobra said

I don't know if I believe them. Oh, I believe their intent, but putting it to practice is another thing. Something unforeseen iRL always gets in the way.

Honestly, IMO, they've already stepped up the time-frame of content releases. That's good enough for me. It would be good to see slightly faster releases; at least they are not promising "monthly content" as a certain other MMO based on Super-Heroics did.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 11:38PM (Unverified) said

@Space Cobra

They actually are kind of promising monthly content though. They're promising new stuff in the store every week to buy and a new story arc every month that's free to VIPs and purchasable otherwise.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 11:46AM rockman0 said

Choosing CoH as the MMO that I would pay to play couldn't have been a better choice. I love the community and the devs. The devs are awesome! Keep being awesome, awesome devs! :p

Yeah, we already get a lot of free content already. I can't imagine what it will be like if they actually do pump out more updates.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 12:27PM blackcat7k said

I always enjoyed CoX, I just thought the missions got a little stale. I don't necessarily want them putting out more content, but putting out systems that allow that allow them to do more varied objectives/gameplay mechanics in missions. I don't like to feel like I've just run the same mission X times in a row with the only change being the mob and map texture loadout.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 1:25PM (Unverified) said

Have to wonder what my $3 Steam purchase of the STO digital deluxe edition will get me when it goes f2p. Extra tribbles?

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 1:33PM Sente said

I quite like a lot of the new stuff in Issue 21, as well as the low level revamp they have done. There are certainly more things that can be done, but it is a good start.

New mechanics like the combat phasing could potentially provide some interesting changes for content in general.

It is also nice to see that they extend the incarnate rewards to go beyond running trials.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2011 2:13PM syberghost said

It seems like their entire business strategy these days is "incorporate everything Champions Online does, only rename it".

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 2:19PM mogunz02 said

@syberghost Dont u mean " show this little parasite clone how its done proper"???

Posted: Sep 11th 2011 2:21PM syberghost said

Ask yourself this:

If CoH was doing better than CO, why would they be emulating the CO business and development models?