Posted: Sep 1st 2011 11:52AM real65rcncom said

Yay for active dodging and evading bosses during a boss fight. I'm kind of hooked on that after DCUO. Standing around waiting to get your turn of a beating in mmos isn't much fun really.

Lol @ the Sin taking a Ramen noodle lunch break in the middle of the fight. and DOUBLE Lol for the little cat creature who came over to join her. That needs some kind of work but it's pretty off-putting to see that during a fight. Not even in martial arts movies do they do that, althought the noodle eating looked very good and actually made me hungry.

The game looks very good though but it seems like they've been making this forever. I would rather have them do that than released buggy though.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 11:54AM Cirocco said

Nice footage. Thanks.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 12:04PM alzeer said

really like the 1st boss design
overall the Asian setting is refreshing for me
i never tried MMO with it

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 12:28PM dragonandante said

I am interested, but wary because it's NCsoft.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 12:38PM eLdritchZ said

• Half a heart
way too asian for me...

Also, I have to say that is probably the most boring combat I have ever seen... even more so than TERA...

how anyone can classify 15 minutes of running around like a headless chicken as "action combat" is a mystery to me...

now please go ahead and vote me down ;)

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 12:41PM eLdritchZ said

• Half a heart
@eLdritchZ I especially love how he constantly just stands still and happily chats away... must be REALLY intense :P

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 3:33PM real65rcncom said

@eLdritchZ

I wouldn't vote you down but..

"way to asian for me" when talking about a martial arts themed game is kinda nutty.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 6:14PM eLdritchZ said

• 1 heart
@real65rcncom what I meant is: it has that way over the top asian style about it that TERA has, too... i don't mind the chinese flair... it's pretty much just the big fat guy in the first vid...

also: thanks for all the downvotes... it's always great to see how well the system works to quell anyone who doesn't constantly sing praises about everything...

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 7:44PM alucard3000 said

@eLdritchZ damn those Asian people for making their game asian styled wth where they thinking.

Posted: Sep 2nd 2011 3:20AM eLdritchZ said

• 1 heart
@alucard3000 funny... now go away please

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 12:40PM PrimeSynergy said

Every time I see footage of this game, the price I'm willing to pay for it goes up. Right now it's at $129,046...

Please don't cost $129, 046.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 1:00PM (Unverified) said

@PrimeSynergy

267.99

plus a subscription of 29.99

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 12:59PM (Unverified) said

I almost don't want to see video of this game, I want it to much, sadly it won't come to the US for probably 2 years

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 12:59PM Everfaust said

• 1 heart
god that was boring... seriously?
all the fancy moves/graphics in the world aren't gonna help if all you
do is stand around and pick away at mobs/bosses like "HP punching bags".

where's the action?.. where's the excitement?..

back when this game was first announced, I was totally ecstatic to buy it..
now, not so much.. just looks like another AION. *(Pretty but very very
grindy/boring).

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 8:05PM entropyboy said

@Everfaust
yea, those were generally my thoughts.

when i first saw stuff on this game, the movies, it looked cool.
but every actual game footage i see has reduced my excitement.

i can only assume they are posting videos made by players who don't know how to play, i can only hope.
these look like just more tank and spank fights, no one is avoiding any attacks, or players just stand far away and do nothing. i don't get it? plus the combat is just very slow and boring.

i am disappointed.

maybe someone will release a better video one of these days.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 1:12PM Irem said

I'm charmed enough by the art direction, setting, and what I've seen of the story to probably at least pick this up casually. The boss fights remind me quite a bit of Phantasy Star Universe.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 1:23PM Lateris said

Is that the UT III engine?

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 1:31PM InkSix said

Looks very fun to me. But as I've run low on patience for TERA, I'm just going to barely remember this game exists until it actually releases in the USA.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 2:55PM heerobya said

• Half a heart
So funny how much negative comments get down voted...

Looks pretty bland IMO. Not too different then WoW/Rift/anything else.

Looks like the combos automatically fill out like in Aion, you just keep hitting the same macro over and over and over and your pre-set combo plays out.

Didn't see any/much of the dodging/movement that you see in GW2 or even Tera to some extent.

Also there seems to be no punishment for failing. Stand in an AOE? Dont' run out/dodge out during a big attack? Knocked down, quick heal, good to go.

Tera/GW2 leaps and bounds ahead.

But, I never did like all the "flashy" lots of style-no substance Eastern MMOs.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 3:32PM Dirame said

@heerobya

From what I could see you don't get any "quick heals" you just try to power through till you get low on health then you go sit in a corner and eat tofu like a boss till your health regens after which you get back into the fight. I find it pretty hilarious (in a good way).

It's too bad there is no active dodging (it seems there is active blocking, the chick does block some moves) but what is here is good from my point of view anyway.