Posted: Aug 31st 2011 9:46AM Unshra said

@Paradigm68 Same here, I would play it if I enjoy it and I would not enjoy it if I am nagged by the game to interact with NPCs like GTA4 and LA Noire. This is most likely why I have started to ignore R* and instead enjoy titles like Saints Row where the sandbox is a sandbox and you are not asked ever 15mins to go out on a date with some NPC.

Hmmm... ranted there a bit but I honestly feel R* is starting to forget what made their games so much fun.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 9:19AM aaradun said

Only if i can get a lot of hot coffee

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 9:30AM Spookimitsu said

Yup.

of note, additionally I'd play a Capcom MMO, as well as a Konami MMO.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 9:42AM HyperKabuto said

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 10:04AM FrostPaw said

I'm also on my second play through of GTAIV right now since I have a new PC so can finally run it above minimum spec with terrible driver clipping from my old machine.

I think Rockstar makes great games, GTA games are so close to mmo worlds already the leap wouldn't be that big to have a persistant city or several cities to play in.

I think it would be an interesting game but I worry that the content of the game might become too...shopping list like so many mmo games.

I will say no driving game seems to be able to get keyboard handling right except for GTA games...why is that?

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 10:04AM phatbhuda said

I like the idea of all the games that Rockstar creates. When I finally sit down and play them though, they end up feeling like work.

For a successful MMO, I think they'd actually have to create a more directed narrative than they actually have in their games. Ironic no?

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 10:04AM MaddZ said

No. I'd much rather they just made their games LAN capable. I always wanted to load up with a friend in Vice City and terrorize the city (friendly fire turned on of course!)

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 10:05AM PacketBurner said

I worry GTAO would be more like MXO if done online. I guess the GTA version of an mmo would look like swtor with a GTA skin (single player story like the game but with hubs and buddies about)

I never really got into the idea of APB so its a no for me, however the APB player above mentioned seamless world and lots of other gangsters / enforcers all running around sounds interesting.

Can they bring back GURANGA from the original ; there's something about running over several harry karishna's at once and being rewarded for it makes my inner serial killer giggle with delight

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 10:06AM DeadlyAccurate said

I would like to see a modern crime-based sandbox MMO with persistent world qualities. As much as I like APB, it's just an action game.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 10:09AM ScottishViking said

Would I play an MMO by a studio made famous for a game in which you could drive around randomly killing pedestrians? Whose version of the "sandbox" is juvenile anarchy?

Probably not.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 10:09AM Silverangel said

They need to make a stinkin' title where I can play as a female. If it's an MMO, then so be it, but I would prefer to see Redhead Redemption or GTA: Ballad of Gay Antonia.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:49PM Ardra Diva said

@Silverangel

Readhead Redemption? CLASSIC!

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 10:40AM Ogged said

Rockstar Games is on my personal "do not buy" list ever since the reports from last year how Rockstar treats their employees.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 11:15AM RaQin said

Helllls yes!!!

If this comes to market, Rockstar is certain to deliver an edgy, fast paced, gun tote'n, car-jack'n good time. And, it is sure to rile more than a few congress persons and at least one disbarred Florida lawyer who hates games...which is always entertaining to watch. Would it be PC/Mac based, or a ported experience combining XB360/PS3 controls ala DCUO? Only time will tell...

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:05PM Jade Effect said

Maybe. It depends whether the game is any good.

I don't believe in getting games simply because x company makes it. Just look at the fiasco with Final Fantasy 14. Square-Enix thought they could sell shovelware simply because it bears the Final Fantasy name.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:16PM StClair said

Two words, "Hell Yes."

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:25PM pixledriven said

Yes, absolutely. Rockstar, like Bethesda, make great sandbox games, i would totally get behind something they did. (Well, either company really)

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:43PM Germaximus said

Of course people would play them.
Just look at APB.

I would love an MMO that plays like Infamous.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:46PM Space Cobra said

I know APB wasn't Rockstar, but the studio (Realtime Worlds) made their start with a game like it.

I think the underlying concept is there for the start of a good game from Rockstar, but you have to mix the online components with the single-player ones in fun, meaningful ways.

For the moment, I think Rockstar does a great job at their single-player game experience (with an attached Arena/Multi-player aspect of the game). If we compare APB to GTA, while you can say APB is fun, it certainly is limited. In GTA, you had great single player missions, voice overs, etc. You could take your time. How would this translate online? Really, I enjoy the multi-player arenas of Red Dead or GTA, but those are just simple FPS experiences. You have to think beyond that and I don't see most people doing that.

I mean, how would LA Noire, which involves deductive reasoning, work in a multi-player online game besides have an arena map where one group of players shoots at another? Or you are on a FFA map? What difference do you have beyond popping into a Counter-Strike map? I am not saying it shouldn't be there, but you need to give players a variety of reasons to stay logged into your MMO, not just shooting.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 1:04PM Space Cobra said

@Space Cobra

Actually, that is one of the main reasons I feel Single-Player games are not dead.

One Shots: Grim Raider