Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:08AM JohnFordColey said

I'd play a MMO by Rockstar-up until the point where most of the staff quits due to being overworked and underpaid for months at a time.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:27AM Mikkhail said

@JohnFordColey +1 :D

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 9:21AM Misterlee said

@JohnFordColey
So, day 1 of pre-production then? ;)
I'd go so far as to say any game by Rockstar. And yes, I have made a point of avoiding anything touched by that company, ever.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:11AM Grumms said

Absolutely. They would make a great sandbox.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:13AM eLdritchZ said

• 1 heart
No thanks... I find their type of game so apaling that I feel the need to wash myself just looking at the above screenshot ;)

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:16AM (Unverified) said

LOL John! Nice one! BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I would def def def loooooove to play a red dead redemption-like mmorpg. Great thing about Rockstar, is no matter how much action their games have, they ALWAYS have tons of RP elements and tons of story and lore!

Think of it....

"REDEMPTION ONLINE: Your Story In The WILD WEST!"

Can we say YUM?

S!

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:08PM remeran said

@(Unverified)

Not sure how I feel about rockstar doing an MMO, but I never thought of a western mmo. Are there any out there, because that seems like an excellent idea?

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:17AM applesaus said

Rockstar is a predominantly console-based developer with a history of shoddy PC porting. Would I try an MMO developed by them? Absolutely. Would I have high hopes for it? Probably not.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 9:32AM (Unverified) said

@applesaus This is my feeling also. They have never shown a dedication to the PC and have a history of games with very bad ports to the PC. I wouldn't expect them to do it either, they stick with consoles, can't handle developing for the PC.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:27AM mystique said

I love rockstar games. I wold def play.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:30AM EpiccFaill said

Sure ^__^

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:36AM InkSix said

No, because the stories are never interesting to me enough to not shoot some poor random soul after ten minutes and stop playing the game.

That's how RDR went. I got through the whole farm part, but when she dropped me off in town, I shot the first person I saw, had a stand off with authorities, and quit.

Sometimes I feel like the only person who can't play a Rockstar game. It's not that I like to run over pedestrians in GTA, I just think all the games are boring. Best one yet is L.A. Noire.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:39AM Arkanaloth said

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:41AM Arkanaloth said

@Arkanaloth never been a RockStar fan. Didn't care for GTA much at all.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:41AM Verus said

If done better than APB then sure. The cities can not be cut into tiny pieces and then have just a few people in them and long loading times from one area to the next like in APB.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 8:46AM Balraw said

If it was Red Dead Redemption Online I would be there in a flash, others not so much. Come on someone make a full on wild west mmo (without any post apocalyptic overtones) and you will be onto a winner.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 9:10AM Cyclone Jack said

The only R* game I would consider playing in an MMO fashion would be something like RDR. Overall, I enjoyed the game and felt immersed in the world and era. For an MMO, they would need to focus more attention on the ranching and other activities, and and create a good player-based economy that took bartering into account. If done right, I think it could be quite fun.

However, RDR is the only R* game I was able to get into, and have never enjoyed the GTA games. Ironically, I absolutely love the Saints Row games, most likely due to the ridiculous humor.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 9:13AM HiroProtagonist7 said

Yes, Yes, Yes
Can you imagine if Rockstar made SWTOR?
The $150 preorder statue would have Vader swinging and Luke's hand off in the corner.

Shoddy console ports??
Rockstar started with the PC and still shows us plenty of love. GTA IV on PC smokes the console version.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 9:28AM HiroProtagonist7 said

@HiroProtagonist7

For me, my favorite devs are 1) Rockstar, 2) Bethesda, 3) Crytek

What, no MMO devs? I'm currently playing Vanguard and Darkfall. I can't call Sony and Adventurine favorite devs and all of my old favorite MMO devs are abandoning me with shrinking games and item shops.

What no Bioware? Nope, Mass Effect, Dragon Age don't turn my crank. Don't care for stop-motion strategy where you set it up and watch, pause, reset, watch. Not enough player control for me and it takes more than a choose your own adventure interface to tell a story. Zork was better at it IMHO.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 9:16AM Paradigm68 said

I'm a R* fan though GTA4 and LA Noire were disappointments. An RDR MMO would be great if it were a sandbox, letting the player play all the roles of the characters in the game. From gunslinger to barber to farmer.

Beyond that, bottomline: I'll only play an MMO if I enjoy it. Dev, studio, pub, completely irrelevant.