Posted: Aug 31st 2011 3:27PM ShivanSwordsman said

I have a level 20 Lore-Master doing absolutely nothing, save for standing around having a durhur-a-thon with my storage spaces. I may just pull the poor lady out and get her another run, thanks to these changes. I could never really feel useful in a group as a Lore-Master... save maybe as a battery. Hopefully this changes things.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 3:52PM Kyzgar said

My LM is my favorite character, and I guess it's rather convenient that my favorite trait line is Keeper of Animals. Really looking forward to these changes.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 6:09PM RogueJedi86 said

I read the title hoping Loremasters gained the ability to summon a boar that could be used as a mount. Then I read the topic and saw that instead LMs got a floating ball of light that heals. :(

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 6:35PM Celtar said

I've always found the Loremaster tedious to play sadly. Mine has been sitting at 22nd and is nothing more then extra vault space. The class always seemed more tedious to advance then the other classes. I hope the changes/tweaks improve the play of the class. I'd love to play mine more.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 2:09AM Stormwaltz said

The Lore-master was my first and favorite character. What keeps a game interesting for me are options, and an LM never lacks for those. We have the broadest set of skills in the game. Perhaps we're not the most effective at anything, but we're capable of everything. We are the Swiss Army knives; the astromech droids; the sonic screwdrivers of LotRO. If you're not into tactical variety, the LM isn't for you - and it still won't be after this patch.

I was happy with the state of my LM, and - as with the last round of LM buffs - responded to the changes with a "That's nice, I guess." There are a couple of things I cheer for - maybe with the changes to the Back From the Brink rez, I'll actually use it (in four years, I've never used the skill even once). Largely, though? I didn't see the changes as necessary. I'll never complain about getting buffed or having skills amalgamated, but as a casual player it's pretty much a shrug for me Maybe some number-crunching LM raiders are excited about the changes.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 8:46AM Tom in VA said

I enjoyed playing an LM, but it's a distant second compared to the hunter in WoW in terms of playability. Turbine simply does not handle pet classes well (the Captain class was also pretty abysmal, but at least captains can use standards instead of brain-dead henchies).

My pets kept getting stuck on rocks, twigs, and pebbles in Moria. They also seemed extraordinarily ineffective compared to WoW's damage and tanking pets.

I eventually gave up on the class (and the game).

Posted: Sep 6th 2011 5:18PM TheWitcher said

I have played lotro for 3+ years and the LM is my main. I have 6 alts at lvl 65. I have been in Beta on my LM, I like all the changes to the class. I trait dps, love my sticky gourd! Only trait Keeper for group runs where certain skills need to be used. But I can spot heal, cure wounds, provide power, and debuff traited almost all redline. Once you get your LM to lvl 40 or so it really starts to become a fun class. Many options on how to play and how to use the pets... But my favorites have always been the tactical classes for their complexity. I think I would love the warden, but to be any good on a warden you can't be an altoholic like I am, unless your memory is photographic.

I don't like the new pet. No auto attacks, no debuffs... super weak heals. May be nice on runs when you want the pet to stay put, maybe. As far as the new zone. meh. More of the same. More grind. I was really hoping for all that F2P $$ actually being used to do something really cool in the development of the game. Now I have not done all the content, but no new 3 mans or fellowships? Really Turbine?