Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:17PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
sweet! now remake the robotic graphics, combat, mount and quest system, character models. Add some different Races, better weapon and armor models and a better grouping system, and then this game might be playable!

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:40PM Kaoss said

@(Unverified) Err was the last time you played this game in alpha?

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:44PM Lateris said

@(Unverified) can you give me an example of something better than AoC so I can make a comparison? I would like to get your foundation for your reference point.

Jeff- I am looking forward a better crafting system. SWG comes to mind!

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 1:23PM Jef Reahard said

@Lateris

Haha, that would be great. Really anything is an improvement over what's there now, lol. I just hope that crafted gear becomes desirable so that there's an economy of sorts other than just raw materials for guild cities.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 3:16PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

Combat is better than any other AAA MMO offers.
The character models loom better than any other MMO.
The mount system works well in that it is more than just a run speed buff with a skin.
The quest system is the same as pretty much every MMO on the marker except the quests hare a little more interesting.
The armor has gotten much better with the vanity tab.
E game already has four races, how many does it need?

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:37PM Saerain said

I'm surprised by the character in this screenshot. Since when was it possible to make a male character in Age of Conan any slimmer than a linebacker? Is it an illusion created by the cloth hanging off the left shoulder?

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 12:45PM Lateris said

@Saerain For quite some time now.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 1:22PM Jef Reahard said

@Saerain

Since launch, really. That's one of my Khitai avatars, but all of them can have slim(mer) waists if you play with the sliders. The only thing you can't really do is make a character that doesn't have great muscle tone, but you can make thin characters, fat stomachs, big asses, etc.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 3:31PM Saerain said

@Jef Reahard

I always made everything as thin as could be and never seemed to get anything that reasonable. Though I was Cimmerian, it also seemed that this had no effect on physique. Maybe I'm just misremembering.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 4:56PM (Unverified) said

@Saerain I see a lot of characters running around like linebackers, but thats how i always view them in the Conan short stories. I can't make any male character on there unless they look absolutely hulking and bursting with muscle. Mostly because i don't want to upset Crom.

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 6:19PM (Unverified) said

The crafting in AOC is AMAZING!!! If people want something easier, then leave. The system is great and if AoC had enough REAL players, the crafting zones woukld be packed and full of RP and combat.

BUT.... I f they chasnge it, i hope they just add more RPability to it. Crafters + Rpers = RP-Craft fun!!!

Posted: Aug 31st 2011 7:25PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)
go away or try harder ...

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 3:22AM Cylien said

@(Unverified)
No you have this backwards :)
The crafting doesn't need to be easier at all...
There needs to be one!
Right now if you have two toons you are self sufficient and that makes the economy suffers as no one really needs to buy anything.

So this is a very much needed shot in the arm as there are players out there that really love the crafting and there just isn't enough stuff for them to do.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 9:02AM shmegger said

I always do the crafting in mmo's, regardless of how abusive the crafting system is. EQ1 was certainly the roughest, with no recipe books, you had to manually split the ingredients up into your craft container, and experiment for the correct recipe. Once you figured them out (or looked them up on the interwebz) if you accidentally put in the wrong combo, poof, ingredients gone!

AoC crafting isn't as merciless, but it is rife with bugs. You definitely get the sense that the devs put it in because they had to, but they didn't want to. I remain cautiously optimistic about the revamp, but would be happy with some debugging and a few new recipes.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 12:14PM Poordevil said

Does every MMO come with this much drama? Half the fun of playing AoC is reading and following all the deep drama associated with this game lol! The game is a blast to play and almost as much fun reading peeps reactions and opinions, regarding everything AoC or Funcom!

An improved crafting system would help the game a lot. But they asked this question in the survey; In your opinion how important would an improved crafting system be? Why ask the question if the decision to go forward has already been made?

The way the system is set up now I really haven't been able to get into crafting. It doesn't seem like a very fun system, so I just sell whatever crafting material I happen to gather via the Trader. I make okay money at it though, so someone must be crafting and using the stuff.

Would a crafting system that truly created awesome gear, weapons, and pots be a drain on potential income Funcom could make selling that kind of stuff in the item shop? That item shop is going to be an important source of income for them going forward, so do they really want quality gear to be available for sale by players? Seems to me that could take a big chunk away from item shop sales.

Posted: Sep 3rd 2011 12:15PM (Unverified) said

Yes and no. The crafting is FINE, just need to take ur time and you wlll specialize in different types of crafting as you need it - the fact that one character can learn ALL recipes from all crafting types is great! Plus the RPability and ambiance of the crafting zones, like purple lotus, is just epic!!!

If they change it, I just hope they add more and dont take away the greatness of what currently exists.

@unverified - its ok, i'm sure your daddy will come home one day :)

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM