Posted: Aug 29th 2011 12:51PM Coolit said

Two weeks and all they gave us is this.. I call this a punt, I don't think they know what they want to do with the game. Why would they tell the community that they might wipe and then no more information. Lots of people left because all their work could be wiped. I still play because I love the combat , but I'm not sure if I will re-sub until I know more.

Posted: Aug 29th 2011 1:38PM Seffrid said

• Half a heart
PvP-only games will fail unless they offer something unique and/or of special quality. As I understand it, this one does neither.

Posted: Aug 29th 2011 2:15PM Coolit said

@Seffrid
This game is "my" style of game and I know it's not for everyone. But I think it offers the best pve combat and mob AI out of any other mmo.

Posted: Aug 29th 2011 6:30PM HiroProtagonist7 said

@Coolit
seconded

Posted: Aug 29th 2011 7:24PM xBludx said

@Coolit

Agree.

And that's why, even if there is a wipe, the vets may rage quit but still come back. There is no other game like it.

If wiped vets quit and come back, they will still quickly regain supremacy because of their knowledge and feel for the game. Only there will be probably be much more new blood in the game. And the vets will also have more peers (skilled players - unlike myself) who can master the game and reach the top (if there are skill caps, for example).

But I'm not saying a wipe is definitely good or bad. Just saying, if there is a wipe, I think this is what will happen.

Posted: Aug 30th 2011 5:16AM Ably said

@Seffrid This is the only MMO I ever considered playing and the only real challenger it has is Planetside 2.

Posted: Aug 30th 2011 10:10AM xBludx said

@Ably

I still think about playing from time to time, but I am waiting to see what happens with 2.0. I put about 6 months into my toon (without macroing, just playing) and I would have no problem with a wipe. But my toon is kind of lower-middle-class, so I wouldn't be losing a lot and it would be fun (for me) to start over again.

If there are skill caps, I can stand getting killed by better players. But when there is no way you can catch them in stats and they are better, it is just demoralizing being farmed like nothing.