Posted: Aug 28th 2011 9:29PM kgptzac said

This is a very informative read to relatively new EVE players like me who wonder how things were like in the past. Though I'm not a 0.0 resident I do hope the intensive amount of time and energy CCP spend on revamping nullsec systems will have benefits tripple down to pod pilots in other fields.

Posted: Aug 29th 2011 10:09AM Old Tom said

@kgptzac

Unfortunately from the admittedly sparse info provided by CCP, they intend to revamp Null by stripping convenience out of Empire Space.

There's talk of removing Ice from Empire, removing ABC ores from wormholes, possibly even removing T2 production from empire.

Seems they think that the only way to encourage people to move to 0.0 is to make empire a hell-hole.

Long story short .. CCP is out of good ideas.

Posted: Aug 29th 2011 11:58AM (Unverified) said

@Old Tom
I guess that this IS a good idea.
As a lonewolf industrialist, I have almost 0 problems keeping a good T2 production flow in empire (the only problem is suicide gankers when you have some billions in your cargo). This is why I never went to 0.0 and never tried something there..

I can keep a POS in high sec without defenses, unachor if I get wardecced, anchor again when the wardec is gone and such things. So why try the null sec if I can do everything in high sec with less problems and less efforts?

Null sec really needs a revamp.

Posted: Aug 29th 2011 12:06PM smg77 said

@Old Tom
Good. It's way too easy to make good money in empire space with very little effort and zero risk.

Posted: Aug 29th 2011 12:48PM EdmundDante said

@smg77 It lacks design imagination and development if the only way to improve the game is to take away from what hi-sec manafacturers have built up.

Not every Eve play thinks the game should be all about nul-sec - and not all players wants to be part of a PvP alliance or beholden to one.

So despite what CSM and their current dev friends believe - if they go ahead an nerf hi-sec and hope this will force more players into nul - they are woefully misguided - and the game will lose more players - and it is already bleeding from the Incarna Stations fiasco.

Instead of taking away from hi-sec players - they ought to enhance nul-sec play, and cater to the players who want mostly PvP and Alliance play - such as introduce more PvP mechanics, new ships, new Alliance ideas.

Taking away from hi-sec players is a lazy man's design goal.

Posted: Aug 29th 2011 2:14PM Brendan Drain said

@Old Tom There has never been any discussion indicating that CCP plans to remove T2 production from highsec. They talked about making it more profitable in nullsec, but it would make no sense at all to remove it from highsec.

Posted: Aug 29th 2011 7:56PM Scuffles said

So any ETA on EvE going F2P ?

Posted: Aug 30th 2011 10:57AM Jackblasta said

@Scuffles

With the (understandable) general playerbase derision with regard to the aurum clothing store, I'd imagine removing the monthly sub fees would be the final nail in CCP's coffin. They'd be bankrupt in pretty short order - although given the stupidity of their upper management I guess you can't really rule it out.