Posted: Aug 26th 2011 10:25AM gravy69 said

wonder how this will affect paid players, do they have to buy this or is it unlocked?

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 10:36AM Scrobes said

@gravy69

I think premium players will have to pay for it too, from what I can gather. Bit of a shame. ;x Even now after releasing details of the variety of options for this new content, they *still* haven't given details of costs.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 10:50AM Scrobes said

@Scrobes

Okay they've released details, standard pack is 1300 points. But the closest points bundle you can buy is 1200. Awesome.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 12:17PM SiML said

@Scrobes

100 short? - oh well, guess I'll have to pay two lots... right?. - Wrong!.

Hahah, that is so blatantly obvious, I hate it when companies do that.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 3:47PM Plastic said

@gravy69

Looks like neither the F2P nor the subscription accounts are reasonably priced (relative to other offerings).

Funcom pricing has put AoC in a really weird position. You can't realistically enjoy end-game content as a non-subscriber, due to the a-la-cart pricing not making any rational financial sense, so you are pretty much forced to subscribe or stop playing at lvl80. But once you're subscribed, you're then nickel-and-dime'd for the same content that non-subscribers have to pay for. I don't know, it just doesn't make sense to me as a consumer. I have a feeling that once the F2P players reach lvl80, you will start to hear a lot more criticism of Funcom's pricing model.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 10:33AM Chiren said

Bleh. This is at a time when many paying subscribers are asking why they have to pay for new content.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 10:48AM Heraclea said

Definitely wait and see for me. Their current test server contains a major melee nerf. If that goes live, I will not be buying this, or logging on for that matter.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 11:55AM tororosso said

shadowing effect in those images looks awesome.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 11:59AM Funkwell said

"check back with Massively later today for an exclusive new Savage Coast content reveal."

Do tell please

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 1:31PM arodriguezc said

"Funcom has released pricing options as well as confirmed that both subscribers and free-to-play gamers will need to pay for the Savage Coast content."

As a paying customer this kind of proves what I have been thinking for a while. They are nickle and dimming us. Now they want us to double dip into our wallets for the monthly sub. As much as a I love the game I will not be renewing because of that fact. I would like to know what the accountants are thinking? They finally get their game rolling like it should and they pull this. Please Jeff in about 3 months when you are interviewing ask Craig "Silirrion" Morrison how many people complaint about this.

As I said in another post, I don't want the items in the store for free, but I think that 60 points a month is a lol @ me and with this, the new maps should be available for free to paying subscriptions.

Guess these people did not read about the first "paid" expansion for champions on line a few years ago and how that went.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 2:10PM tororosso said

@arodriguezc welcome to current age of MMO business model. take it or leave it.. and seems like you're leaving so gl to your search as AoC content value / price cost ratio is actually better than most games out there.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 3:26PM arodriguezc said

@tororosso

Like I said, I like AoC a lot and I do not mind paying for expansions but is this a expansion? this at the most is a patch. I will miss AOC but will look into a game that lets me pay for a monthly sub and not worry about having to pay extra for patches.

Posted: Aug 28th 2011 1:13AM kyrv said

Does anyone know, is the combat pet a permanent pet or one of those once every half hour for two minutes deals?

Also I assume the pet and camel are available for all characters?

The point bundle thing, 1200 but need 1300, funcom, come on man. I want to love you. Why try so hard just to p*ss people off. :(

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny