Posted: Aug 26th 2011 2:47PM (Unverified) said

true, very fluid, bit flashy for my taste, when the moves are cool they don't get old. "hunched over" maybe slightly but technically it's a horse stance anybody with any martial arts experience knows horse stance is strong!

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 3:22PM dndhatcher said

While Lotro's animations are dull, at least the character model has decent proportion. Those guys have long, spindly legs and arms like they are spider people. It just looks wrong to me.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 4:03PM darthades said

Did i just see an "asshole stabbing jutsu" 2 times? o_O

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 7:08PM mmark said

@darthades

One Thousand Years of Death http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/One_Thousand_Years_of_Death

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 6:58PM Everfaust said

hmm, based on NC's history.. I'm not to excited bout this game.
I loved the look and feel of AION and went out of my way to try and
like the game.

only to be brought crashing down by crappy/useless flight mechanics, broken classes and forced PvP.. in the end, the game was nothing but a grindfest with a gimmick.

from what I understand, the same designers *(team) are behind this one. to me, the characters look clunky, slow and overly heavy in terms of animation.

as for the combat.. it's nothing I havn't seen before ~ call me when they do dev diaries/walkthroughs like GT did on Guild Wars 2.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 10:27PM Zyrusticae said

@Everfaust

It's being developed by Team Bloodlust, which is a newcomer to the industry, though with several experienced developers under its banner. It shares virtually nothing with Aion outside of the publisher (though the development team is pretty much leeching funds from that game's income, giving them nearly limitless development resources).

The game is built from the ground up to be the ultimate martial arts MMO. No gimmicks here. I wouldn't worry about NCSoft's track record if I were you.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 10:31PM alucard3000 said

I heard B&S and ArcheAge got pushed back to a 2012 release in Korea which would make it even longer to release in the west which makes me a sad panda ;(

Posted: Aug 27th 2011 2:49AM (Unverified) said

Hey, guys. I haven't looked into this one all that much but is it an actual mmo? Or is this more of a Vindictus/Dragon Nest type of game?

Posted: Aug 27th 2011 12:26PM Zyrusticae said

@(Unverified)

It's a fully open-world MMO. In fact, there are no loading screens past the first time you enter the game.

Which is pretty impressive when you consider that it's running on Unreal Engine 3. I didn't know the thing was capable of rendering such huge worlds.

Posted: Aug 27th 2011 12:04PM Syesta said

If people are looking for references to the art style, the design is done by Hyung-Tae Kim. He was the art director for both the War of Genesis and Magna Carta games. This is one of the few games that manages to preserve this type of Manwha artistry in motion.
Been looking forward to this game since it was announced years ago. Glad to see it in action.

Posted: Aug 27th 2011 4:02PM (Unverified) said

Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye on this one then.

Posted: Sep 1st 2011 12:13PM Seldra said

The breast physics turns me off but the game looks good all in all.