Posted: Aug 25th 2011 11:30AM DarkWalker said

Neither are currently my favorite games, but:
#1: DCUO's MegaServers. Being able to jump back and forth between PvP and PvE "servers" is priceless.
#2: WoW's LFD.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 5:29PM NathanAllen said

Exactly, remove the buff line and the Cantina and the only reason to go to cities in the first place was to travel.

Waiting for up to five minutes for a shuttle while on the BH Boards was never a fun experience; especially since the lag in cities made it practically impossible to close and melee with range based classes.

Oh hey, I just lost two weeks of grinding to a 10 hour build because of the saber still visible glitch and lag rubberbanding. No wait, I also lost 10% durability on a gem that took me a month of grinding sisters to attain as well?!?

Heck, throw the Jedi Quest Line up on my vote of other great enhancements for a game. It put the last nail in the hyperinflated economy, but the class grind to attain Jedi (my 4th unlock was set to all of them) had already destroyed the economy for base level crafters.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 11:48AM Vanpry said

Trammel and LOTRO skirmishes.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 12:43PM Ref Minor said

SW:TOR the patch that turned everyone into fanboys and haters in the months before release to provide much needed forum rages

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 12:45PM StClair said

CoH/CoV: Issue 16, which gave us both Power Customization and further expanded the game's already awesome "play with your friends at any level" system.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 12:54PM eLdritchZ said

Darkness Falls in DAoC hands down, no discussion

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 1:26PM heerobya said

Trammel.
Amazingly huge change. Redefined the game entirely.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 1:51PM Cavadus said

Shooter mode in STO. Turned a completely unplayable and boring ass RPG mess into a fast action-paced experience.

Pretty much the best mega-change to a MMO I've ever experienced.

The addition of the German E series of tanks in WoT was nice as well; love my E-50!

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 2:00PM dndhatcher said

Lord of the Rings Online when they made the 3 Angmar instances and raised the 3 annuminas instances all viable endgame gear/deed farming sites. It was at that point just before Moria that Lotro had the most diverse and balanced endgame it has ever had.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 2:05PM Lumin said

heh, for Guild Wars, the best thing they added was the ability to makeover your character appearance. Yes, it cost money... but it made a lot of new face/hair/colour combinations possible and allowed me to give my characters very distinctive looks.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 4:33PM Trailfoot said

New ground combat in STO.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 4:45PM Djinn said

DDO Free to Play and WoW Cataclysm

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 7:04PM (Unverified) said

@Djinn DDO Free to play wasn't just good for it, either, it was good for all of F2P. It could just be me, but it seemed that the way Turbine turned the game around in terms of subscribers really kickstarted the more widespread adoption of F2P games (at least in the west).

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 9:04PM Djinn said

@(Unverified)
Good point - I agree.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 6:33PM Stanimir said

The mines of moria expansion for LOTRO. The depth of that expansion was amazing. Radiance was a bleh addition, but just the area itself, moria, was amazing. My character felt very epic when first stepping through the Doors of Durin. Siege of Mirkwood was such a disappointment mainly because it was right after MoM, which was so outstanding.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 6:40PM Yukon Sam said

I'd have to say Trammel as well. I know some very vocal players hated it with a seering passion, but I doubt Ultima Online would have survived without it.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 8:53PM Doran7 said

I liked the changes to the crafting system in Tabula Rasa. I have liked all the graphic up dates for the last 5 years in EVE Online. and in Allods online, they completely banished gold seller spam from the game with changes to the chat features.