Posted: Aug 25th 2011 4:53PM SwarlesBarkley said

If only Lore-master's could come in and heal the Turbine staff from its recent follies. Turbine needs to have the skill Dire Greed nerfed.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 5:10PM Gamewench said

What recent follies?

On topic, my LM will be tickled

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 7:45PM Silverangel said

Reducing number of skills, BF used on anything, no material component for Back from the Brink. Maybe the F2P'ers are complaining that it's all just too complicated.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 9:32AM Ehra said

@Silverangel

Or maybe they did it because lots of classes can already fill all of their hotbars with skills and wouldn't have any room for new skills even if Turbine implemented any.

But don't let logic get in your way of hating on the dumb F2Pers that obviously couldn't understand an already extremely easy game like LOTRO.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 1:29PM Silverangel said

@Ehra It says right in the dev diary that the goal is to reduce the number of skills in the game, and give improved skills instead of new skills. Reading it confirms that. The question is why? Hotbars does not explain making BF and BFB easier. I offered a logical hypothesis--dumbing the game down.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 9:07PM Ehra said

@Silverangel

I told you why they would consolidate skills; because there are too many in the game.

As for making BF work on everyone; because it's a buff to CC? It's not reasonable for a class to be built around a mechanic and then have that mechanic not work against entire enemy types. It's been a common complaint about BF since the game's release, which makes your comment about F2Pers laughable.

And all of the comments about games "dumbing down" are always hilarious, because the game was ever "hard" or required players to be "smart" in the first place.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 9:09PM Ehra said

@Silverangel

I really hope you understand the irony in claiming that they're dumbing down the game by removing a mechanic that actually reduced the options LMs had while fighting certain foes.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 9:43PM Silverangel said

@Ehra You had to think about what you could mez or not, and remember that. If you didn't know what your opponent was, you had Knowledge of the LM. All of these changes remove the need to think. Do I have Sweetleaf for rez? Which warding to I have? Which ti use? etc. etc. Based on what you're saying, I doubt if you've even played a LM at cap. In any case, there is no point in arguing with you.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 9:14AM Nerves said

As a loremaster, I'm pleased with the changes. No big departure, to be sure, but nothing bad here. No word on the new pet yet.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 10:25AM Stormwaltz said

I'm a Lore-master, and while I come out of this much more powerful, I think by and large the changes were unnecessary. The only change that I think was needed was removing the debuffs from Back From the Brink to make it less punitive and more in line with the Minstrel and Captain rezzes.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 11:09AM Trippin said

Yeee, what we loremasters need even more, healing...

where are the day's where we had to stun mobs, keep up power, use anti-stun, draw power, keep up air-lore, manage our pet, keep using dot's, remove deceases and help out an healer a little bit. Now Lm's are nothing more then glorified batteries, and now with option to max out the other bar aswell

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 11:32AM Ehra said

@Trippin

What are you talking about? LMs can still do all of those things, they just also improved their ability to heal. I don't know if you noticed, but the blue trait line wasn't exactly known for its usefulness in fellowships.

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 8:07PM Squidsnthings said

I might be a little crazy, but Loremasters felt exactly like Archmages from WAR.