Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 3:44PM (Unverified) said

Tera had hope, but with the delay and launching with some big heavy hitters I'm seeing a flop.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 4:09PM angryhoar said

@(Unverified) TERA is in the same boat for the West as the other titles coming up. They have yet to be released! The proof will be in the pudding.

Don't forget, Asian market != Western market. TERA will be for us what Aion is to the East and vice versa.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 4:23PM (Unverified) said

@angryhoar

Ya I agree with ya, I was actually happy they hated it. Sick of all this PR, company strategdy crap, you know that why five games are releasing all next to each other on purpose.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 4:10PM Alex Oglitchkin said

"Finally, there was a bit of a teaser for a big TERA-related announcement at next week's PAX community event, so keep your eyes and ears peeled!"

They are just announcing more stupid Focus Group Tests. Nothing important because majority won't get in.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 4:40PM Kalec said

I have to admit all hype I ever had for this game died a while back (just about when I found out about GW2) but even so I just didn't hear much good about this game. It flopped in asia for reasons it would also flop here (unless the western release is WAY more polished). Not enough mobs to hit max level ? no endgame content ? huge lag and collision detection bugs ?

However whenever I see gameplay with commentary (Total Biscuit GamesCom) I just know I'll buy it, then hate myself then never touch it again, basically Aion all over again.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 6:33PM paterah said

What I'm fearing about this game is that they seem to pour a lot money into it while the success might not be as big. This is also probably the reason there are many people worried about this title. And this is because I know the western dev team has some very experienced people on board. And let's not forget En Masse isn't publishing the game for EU but just for NA (yes there is no IP block but for latency alone most EU people would rather play the EU version).

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 11:25PM Jade Effect said

A development team of 70 people? That's one-third the size of the Korean one. That's quite a lot. I always wonder what do they do in EME. Surely you don't need 70 people to add pants to the Elin (or maybe you do, I don't know).

If these 70 people include marketing and backend technical and non-technical support, then I can kinda understand.

In any case, guild housing sounds interesting, though I think I'll wait for more news. Guild housing, such as the ones in LoTRO or DAoC, which is useful and gets people to gather together would be good. Nice-looking but pointless housing, such as the ones in Guild Wars, would just turn me off though.

Posted: Aug 24th 2011 12:21AM BigNastey said

Hey I asked about the Guild Housing question, would be nice if it gets implemented at launch because it would tie in with the Political System so well.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014