Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 1:51PM Lateris said

I am not really into PvP without consequences. The PvE elements of this game really appeal to me more than what I understand so far. but this should appeal to the proponents of games that need 3 factions.

They are going to have fun doing load balances.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 1:58PM CaptKillsteal said

Three factions in large scale PVP on the same battleground...

DAoC?

Interested now.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 2:01PM LA1111 said

Well I for one am excited about the possibilities here

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 3:04PM SocksForYou said

"Unlike The Secret World's smaller PvP battlefields, the warzones are persistent with a much larger population."

I hope this doesn't turn out like Warhammer, where everyone avoids the open PvP zones and just grinds away in instanced battlegrounds : \

Also, I misread "creeptastic" as "craptastic." lol

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 5:45PM Gaugamela said

@SocksForYou

The Open PvP zones in WAR were horribly designed. The Keep design was the same everywhere, the battlefield objectives were the same everywhere. There was no variety at all.

Posted: Aug 24th 2011 12:31PM Misterlee said

@Gaugamela

Another terrible design error in the WAR open pvp areas was that they often fell on zone borders, so you were constantly loading another zone when the battle moved. You could almost see where the border was because everyone would try to stay away from that part since you'd lag out as you hit the edge of the zone

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 4:49PM Ardra Diva said

This game seems like either the best-kept secret in the industry or just the tightest-wrapped game I can think of... seems like we know very little about it really.

I'm still intrigued enough to keep tabs. Getting bored with orcs and elves.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 5:28PM Mykell said

When i see devs saying things like "in terms of pure PvE content, we have several hundred hours" a red flag goes up. I haven't seen that much content in the last 3 mmo's i have played combined.

It just seems to me more hype and over promising by Funcom and trying to get everyone all excited again. Lets see some in-game footage of these large scale warzones with actual people and then i might believe it won't be AoC's sieges all over again.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014