Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 5:37PM Graill440 said

The good about your article, it appears you put some research into it, the bad, comparing this title to EVE in any way, what a disservice.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 8:37PM Krelian said

@Graill440

U mad bro ?

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 6:44PM Perdurabo said

@Jasdemi

Runes of Magic was made by a German team.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 6:50PM jeremys said

@Perdurabo Runes of Magic was made in Taiwan by two brothers who loved American MMOs and started the development company Runewaker in Taiwan(I believe). It's published in America by Frogster, a German company.

I could go on and on about all the different ways RoM is so not like any other "generic Asian grinders" and how it's more like WoW and other American MMOs, yet goes beyond that by having some very unique and fun systems, but instead, I'll recommend my past articles instead: http://massively.joystiq.com/category/lost-pages-of-taborea/

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 7:01PM Kolodej said

@Perdurabo
no runes of magic was made by Runewalker Thaiwan
and is published by Frogster

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 7:03PM Perdurabo said

@jeremys

Ahh, I stand corrected. I seem to remember the Frogster official site obfuscating that fact somewhat when I went to find that out. They certainly aren't advertising it's origins, though whether that's actually deliberate or not is anyone's guess.

Nevertheless, having played both of these titles at length, I can't comment on the validity of comparison, but I can say that Runes of Magic can be an immensely enjoyable game. It certainly doesn't have the most gripping plotline and setting I've ever encountered, but it makes up for that in sheer gameplay appeal. Once you understand the Arcane Transmutor, the sky really is the limit with this title.

Sadly, I can see why it gets snubbed as a less-than-quality title oftentimes; it could definitely stand a massive graphical overhaul.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 8:31PM Perdurabo said

@Perdurabo

...'even having played both of these titles at length', rather.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 11:56AM DeadlyAccurate said

@Jasdemi I've been really enjoying my time in RoM this last month. It's a quality title with a lot of things that set it apart from WoW. The fact that I'm still playing it weeks in is impressive for me. If I can play any MMO for more than a month, it's a winner.

Posted: Aug 27th 2011 10:34PM chaosrune said

Hello, interesting article, and I have something I want to ask for. You think you could write an article about the in-game economy? It seems this days most of the forums activity is about this subject, there is already a thread +600 posts long, so I think it would be interesting to see your POV of the subject