Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 7:17PM mmogaddict said

I like one of their Job listings on the Carbine website:

Battle-hardened Soldier

NCsoft is seeking an experienced fighter for a consulting position at Carbine Studios in Aliso Viejo, CA. Candidate would be assigned to their top-secret project.

To secure the position, the candidate must have:

Intergalactic security clearance
Proven experience in combat (especially with recently-discovered life-forms)
Extensive knowledge of cutting-edge weaponry and the ability to adapt to new technology as it is invented
Experience handling endless waves of enemies in seemingly hopeless situations (this is a plus)

Candidates will be subjected to daily obstacle courses requiring quick reflexes and MacGyver-like adaptability - loss of limbs practically guaranteed. Ability to tell horrific stories about scars by a campfire while chugging homemade whiskey expected.

MUST BE READY TO WORK BY AUGUST 17, 2011. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 8:52PM Irem said

@mmogaddict
My dream job! :D

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 7:36PM Ghostspeaker said

Oh so very excited about this game. Can't wait to see what you guys think of it after some actual face-time with it. :D

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 7:43PM blackcat7k said

Hmmm.... Why does the warrior/mercenary remind me of Dark Age of Camelot's Midgard Trolls?

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 8:30PM yeppers said

Does anyone know what type of MMO this is going to be? What is its competition? Thanks.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 9:22PM Apakal said

I think the most interesting thing is the Combat/Explorer/Collector/Artificer system.

It hasn't been detailed much, but apparently, depending on which of the paths you choose, you're essentially customizing your game experience. Combat gets missions/quests mostly related to killing stuff, Explorers find and can access areas of the game not open to other players, Collectors involve experiencing the lore and what have you, and Artificers are what I assume are basically treasure hunters.

Not sure exactly how the system will pan out, but it looks to be a fairly unique experience.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 9:34PM Ghostspeaker said

@Apakal

I agree, this system is what has me most excited at the moment. The Artificer, though, is supposed to emphasize crafting IIRC.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 10:14PM Apakal said

@Ghostspeaker

Ahh, that seems more logical. I was trying to think what the difference was between Artificer and Collector. Good call.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 11:25PM Graill440 said

"If the game interests you, our own staffers will be getting a hands-on experience with WildStar on Friday"

Umm....could you ask if the purple rabbit/fox girl has a date?

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 8:00AM Grinstone said

The general look of the game reminds me a lot of Torchlight.

To me, this game will forever be Torchlight in Space!

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 11:51AM GrumpyGnome said

Three letters just made my interest level go from Intense Interest, to Minimal Interest...PvP.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 11:57AM epilepticemu said

@GrumpyGnome THIS JUST IN!

You don't have to PvP.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 1:54PM GrumpyGnome said

@epilepticemu

Oh but, I do have too...It's like crack...if it's there I MUST do it, and then I get even grumpier than I am, because I have no skills...

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 12:47PM Tornadojoe said

Three letters just made my interest level go from minimal interest, to intense interest...PvP.

Posted: Aug 23rd 2011 8:56PM Yukon Sam said

I'm looking forward to your impressions. It looks to me as if somebody is daring to try something a little different, and that's always interesting.

One Shots: Grim Raider