Posted: Aug 21st 2011 6:14PM Squidsnthings said

I wouldn't say that Wildstar is like Tabula Rasa. I think it really incorporates some nice Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Western elements that I really haven't seen in games so far. It looks really promising. Tabula Rasa never felt like it was going in new directions it just seemed like the same old stuff I had seen other games try before. Wildstar at the very least makes me want to check it out, Tabula Rasa never did that for me.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 7:31PM correllis said

All in all, the juiciest info has got to be -

Thank god the drought of mmo tyranny is finally coming to an end!

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 7:39PM Bladerunner83 said

@Ren54

Well hell it's about time Blizzard gets to kick its feet back and copy someone else. They've been copied for years, even before the high dollar companies grew a big enough pair to fight back.

World of Warcraft:

Over 9000 quests, 60+ 5man dungeons, 32 raid dungeons, 72 zones. 11 million people.

I don't think World of Warcraft needs to copy and unreleased game, they have already proven their success.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 7:58PM Cirocco said

Wildstar...wasn't expecting anything else from NCsoft except more coverage of GW2, but lo and behold, there's Wildstar...

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 11:48PM Cyclone Jack said

GW2 and the DotA2 International were the stars of Gamescom for me, with Wildstar and TSW release date a close second.

With GW2 we saw an amazing boss fight with the 'little' dragon, another nice starting area with the Charr, including a fun boss fight @ L1, character creation for all of the races, crafting, and some great PvP matches. I think the crafting was a little weak, but I may change my mind after some hands on. The PvP was very fast paced and looked like a ton of fun as well.

The DotA2 International was awesome (even though none of the chars I play were available). What a way to debut, and grats to Na'Vi and all of the other teams. I tried to watch as much live content as I could (I'm GMT-6), and caught the rest when they were available. Great commentary too, I could listen to these guys all day. We need more streaming competitions like this!

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 11:22AM littlejay2o02 said

wow has copied stuff for a while too. 3 pets for the hunters? that came after gw2 announced it. now the transmogrification stuff is on the way and gw2 has had that planned from day 1. all the new stuff has me excited for gw2. the sylvari are pretty awesome.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 4:38PM SwobyJ said

In order of interest:

***1)Guild Wars 2.*** 5/5 Seriously, the more I hear, the more I want. Almost every bit of confirmed info basically spells out what I want in an MMO. Seriously. They'd have to mess up huge to bungle this game up.

***2)RIFT.*** 4/5 While it still falters in many ways that I think Guild Wars 2 may shine, there is a LOT coming in the next patches for the game. If they can continue that their current pace of not just raids, but features, tools, variety, etc, then I *may* end up being subbed to Rift and playing it alongside GW2. However, I think core parts of the game are simply lackluster (often in the immersion and animations, voices, story content, etc), and that keeps me from being 'addicted' to it.

***3)The Secret World.*** 4/5 I'm basically in a cautiously optimistic mode with this one, but I love the theme of it. Thank goodness they're already doing beta signups because I'll likely have to play it first to make sure I want to shell out money for it. Even if I don't get it, I wish the best to the devs for (seemingly) trying - and we'll see how it ends up.

4)Otherland. 3.5/5 Came out of left field, and with a strange and vague (in gameplay info) trailer, but I'm now interested and want to see what it can do. If it is WoW + Matrix + Second Life + sandboxy, I think I could at least get hyped up if I see more ;)

5)The Old Republic. 3/5 Not really feelin it... I mean, I love Bioware, and was once addicted to dialogue trees, but that may not make a difference with this one. If it end up good, but not for me, then I wish Bioware and the players the best - it just doesn't look like it would keep me, or even many other players, for a long term basis. 'roll and alt or raid or pvp smallish instanced areas' as a max level structure never seemed either respectful of players, or particularly imaginative. That's why GW2 and Secret World, with their forms of RvR or massive battles, as well as different forms of story driven and dynamic content (even TSW has it in triggering missions, I think), appeals to me much more.

6)World of Warcraft. 2/5 Eh, the additions they're talking about are frankly YEARS too late, and I don't care. Cataclysm interested me for 1-2 months, then it was the same deal of instances upon instances, and whenever I tried to quest, there was often a grand total of 0 others in a zone with me. It's boring, frankly. But I guess that's because I'm not a raider or big PvPer, and while I love story, I'm getting tired of this kind of questing - so I'm not really important to Blizz ;)

7)Diablo III. 2/5 Not personally interested since this isn't really my mind of game, but my boyfriend might get it lol.

8)Wildstar. 1/5 I see nothing interesting yet. Looks like Rachet and Clank in a small-MMO-like world. I'll wait and see I guess.

And of course, non-MMO-wise, there is Mass Effect 3, but if they keep showing the same level over and over, and just combat (that is still clunky looking (not feeling, but looking)) then I'll wait a few months to really care.