Posted: Aug 21st 2011 12:42PM MMOaddict said

@SgtBaker1234556

I have to disagree here. It takes WoW ten times longer then everyone else to poop out content, all while charging a monthly sub. Yet, a new kid on the block, Trion, pumps out new content once a month. Guess where I feel I'm getting the most bang for my buck? Rift, that's where.

Granted, I like WoW and Blizzard, but now that we've been shown a game can patch content like crazy right after launch, there is no excuse anymore. Blizzard needs to step up the game. Right now, I'm not even considering ANY Blizzard product due to the fierce competition with Bioware, Trion, Arena Net and a few other games I'm watching.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 1:23AM Nucleon said

@MMOaddict More != better.

With that being said, I did enjoy Rift, but there were just a few hurdles that I couldn't get past. If resolved, I would certainly re-sub.

1) Combat system for my class (cleric, both melee and range dps builds) could be reduced down to a 1 button macro. This is an absolute deal breaker. I'm sorry, but if the combat system is so simplistic that I literally can hit 111111 and do optimal dps to the point where people post their macro along with their dps numbers in the forums, then it's simply not engaging enough.

2) Queue times for dungeons were impossible when played late at night (when my gaming time is).

3) Just not enough to do yet.

Sadly, still subbed to WoW, maybe one day...

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 10:11AM Carolina said

WildStar, and GW2 info :)

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 10:20AM sodapop777 said

The Secret World release date and Guild Wars 2 information

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 10:24PM eyeball2452 said

@sodapop777

I'm skeptical about SW because of Funcom, but it's very intriguing and if executed correctly, could be very cool. I agree that it's nice to have a release date too.

I got the impression that GW2 might launch around the same time though ... or is GW2 still a year away? It's hard to tell since I just started following it.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 10:28AM (Unverified) said

I'm in love with the look of the Asura Warrior from the trailer.

But the BEST reveal has to be Dr. Strange and Nemesis in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. (I'm not the only PC gamer who watches fighting games, right?)

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 10:43AM (Unverified) said

I'm still holding out hope that some really important GW2 reveal will happen. I'm of the mind that if they make it through PAX without mentioning beta, any 2011 hopes are dashed. I could swear I saw a link somewhere stating a huge press reveal on the 21st, but I might just be dreaming.

Aside from those hopes, though, the gameplay we saw of GW2 just added momentum to my enthusiasm... which is becoming a pretty important commodity as this hype train gets longer and longer. I'm just grateful that there are other quality games to play in the meantime. :)

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 10:46AM hereafter said

I like what I'm seeing from WildStar, great character designs, hope they hold up in-game. Huttball's a little weird from a lore perspective, but I'm glad they're not afraid to add some content that's more about fun and convenience. I think their story focus will steer them well, but it's good to know when to break past that. It's a less-serious battleground that will probably have better queues and gives people the chance to fight their own faction's classes. Seems like a good move, even if it is a bit of a non-sequitur

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 10:53AM BigAndShiny said

GW2 and TSW definitely. I can't wait. SW:TOR will tide me over until those games drop.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 11:26AM Ehra said

Definitely GW2's PvP. I've already been excited for the game since EoTN was announced, but seeing just how fast paced the PvP/combat is when the characters are being controlled by people that actually know what they're doing (:p) was refreshing after the majority of the convention demo vids we've seen in the past.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 12:02PM Seldra said

Guild Wars boss fights and Wildstar.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 12:12PM Valdur said

GW2 and The Secret World release date.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 12:44PM (Unverified) said

After GC, my excitement for SWTOR has taken a slight dip, because i'm frothing over GW2 now. I'm tracking down the expansions so i can earn titles and stuff for GW2. That's how excited i am. I mean, it wasn't even a possibility to me until the past 5 days. I can't wait.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 12:45PM belgeode said

Best reveal of Gamescom 2011- Sylvari girl who won the cosplay costume contest... Trust me on this one... it was a pretty interesting reveal.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 1:19PM Valentina said

Hutt Ball or Wildstar.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 1:37PM (Unverified) said

I had not heard about Otherland. Tad Williams is awesome so hopefully the game turns out great.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 2:32PM Nerves said

Wildstar reveal and TSW release date for me. A ton of new info on GW, though, so that's definitely up there.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 3:33PM Space Cobra said

Damn..now I feel thirsty for some juice!

;P

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 4:16PM Saker said

GW2 has me hopeful, it just looks like it may be fun, period! Otherland has me excited it looks interesting and different, any-and-all-gods-of gaming hear our prayers for something good, and -different-! Something -WORTHY-!

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 11:53PM Cyclone Jack said

@Saker

I will admit, Otherland did catch my attention. I'll have to keep an eye on it to see how it unfolds.

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM