Posted: Aug 20th 2011 8:40AM Kark said

Yes nice place the Paramount Theatre to give us the release date !
But to be honest i think that will come late September after the big beta weekends that EU players are not allowed to be apart of.So now it's just a question will the game release month after in the EU after the US release.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 8:49AM Lenn said

@Kark I'm extremely annoyed at the silence regarding the EU playerbase. Stephen Reid replied in the thread, but it was more of the same "soon" crap we already had. I think Bioware/EA are handling this very, very poorly.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 9:52AM Dril said

@Lenn

And as usual the gaming "journalists" aren't going to ask BioWare any of the actual questions about this or press them for answers other then "we can't talk about that" or "soon."

They're going to ask: "we know your game is amazing (since your PR people told us we had to say this), could you elaborate on just HOW amazing your game is?"

What would be great to see asked is:
-Did BioWare *know* that Europe was a launch zone? If yes, was that since initial conception or at a later point?
-If they did, what's the hold up and why has it occurred?
-What happened to the "soon" in May for EU testing?
-Is there any particular reason why EU players, who are paying more their pre-orders anyway, are being shafted from the pre-order beta events?
-Since it's overwhelmingly apparent that everyone not in North America is basically a second-class customer to you (despite paying more), could you elaborate on just how much later EU/International players are going to be able to play, since it's blatantly apparent a simultaneous launch isn't going to happen?
-Oh, and could you explain, again, WHY simultaneous launches aren't possible?
-If you can't answer that question, isn't it troubling that we're so close to launch and you still can't give any details as to why you're having trouble?
-Why is it that other games could do simultaneous launches/betas (or near enough to it) but you are incapable? Is it simply incompetence or do you just regard Europe as "not worth it"?

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 10:03AM Lenn said

@Dril The thing is, we don't even know whether they're capable or not, or whether they already have EU servers up and ready to go. It's the not knowing, one way or the other, that's so unacceptable.

All the build-up and hype is going to blow up in their faces if they choose to alienate a large portion of their playerbase by not being forthright.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 10:26AM chauncy said

@Kark The thread you linked seems to indicate that the EU will be a part of the beta testing weekends in September.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 10:31AM Lenn said

@chauncy Yes, but not simultaneously with US players. Soon(tm) afterwards.

It's not about the testing; it's about the lack of communication.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 11:01AM chauncy said

@Lenn Sure, but I wasn't addressing that. My post was aimed at the "after the big beta weekends that EU players are not allowed to be apart of." part of the OP's post but it's my bad for not being clear.

As for the lack of communication, I agree. It doesn't bother me as much as it obviously bothers others but I'd also prefer to be kept up to date on developments.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 11:13AM chum said

Have they said yet how much the sub will be? It makes me really wary to know they've been taking preorders for what, a month now, with no answer to that basic question among others.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 11:53AM Lenn said

@chum Nope. That's another one of those questions they keep avoiding to answer. All we know is that they used phrases like "the industry standard".

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 4:14PM (Unverified) said

@Lenn

Industry standard sounds like 15 dollars to me. Really, I don't see why people make a fuss about that, since it has been the case for all MMO's right now, never higher than 15 dollars a month for the base subscription.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 4:42PM Lenn said

@(Unverified) The fuss is more about the fact they're being so tight-lipped about everything. We're mere months away from launch (unless they change their minds again), hundreds of thousands have already pre-ordered, but we still don't know a simple thing like pricing.

Really, it's not about the details. I'm sure it'll be the industry standard, and I'm equally sure many, me included, would even pay if it was slightly above. It's about communication, in particular to their non-US players. They're not really good at it.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 12:01PM Viiral said

• Half a heart
I have cancel'd my pre-order due to being fed up with BioWare and their moronic teasing and yapping about the game. stfu and release the gawd damn game.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 12:22PM KvanCetre said

@Viiral
So you're saying you wanted it enough to preorder, but you didn't want them to do any PR? Or, you want the game released unpolished?
/And logic wept

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 3:23PM Lenn said

@KvanCetre You don't seriously believe the game isn't ready, do you?

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 4:15PM (Unverified) said

@Lenn

Ready or being polished and launch-ready are 2 completely different things. You can see it with Rift where drastic changes and updates were still happening even within 2-3 months before launch.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 4:39PM Lenn said

@(Unverified) Honestly, I cannot think of one single MMO where that wasn't the case.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 9:18PM KvanCetre said

@(Unverified)

Anyone following the leaks will tell you the game isn't ready.
They are still patching the heck out of things. They just added AoE looting, for instance, and are constantly tuning skills.

Posted: Aug 22nd 2011 12:32PM Vagrant Zero said

@Lenn Considering you're not in beta yours is a stupid position to hold.

Game's awesome, but it needs so much polish right now I'd be genuinely shocked if they can make their 2011 deadline.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 1:14PM myhumps said