Posted: Aug 19th 2011 6:46PM Bladerunner83 said

Anything with the CryENGINE 3 is going to look spectacular, let's just hope they can program it to be a polished masterpiece. I believe games these days need more than just good looks. AoC did the same thing, they were overzealous with the good looks and neglected to remove bugs or focus on compatibility issues. In my opinion the only zombie game we need on the market is Left for Dead.

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 10:13PM Bramen said

@Bladerunner83 Agreed

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 6:47PM real65rcncom said

Impressed.

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 7:06PM Flicktion said

Been anticipating this game since news of it first surfaced. Desperately hoping they can pull it off an we finally have a good MMO for console. I know the majority of you disagree, flame me, but I prefer to game on a console over a PC any day of the week. That being said I agree that the traditional set-up of an MMO doesn't translate well, which is why I'm so excited for this game being built specifically for console.

Zombie MMO for the 360? Do want!

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 7:21PM winterborn said

• Half a heart
Good choice of engine but my god another freeking zombie game come on let that dead horse be.

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 8:16PM pastahound said

@winterborn let that undead horse be?

*ducks*

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 7:26PM chauncy said

To clarify...

Class 3 isn't going to be an MMO.

Class 4 is the MMO, Class 3 is a co-op prequel for XBLA. Now, while we know that UL will be taking what they learn from Class 3 and applying it to Class 4 and that Class 4 will probably use the same engine, they don't say at any point that Class 4 will actually be using CryENGINE3. By the time Class 4 is out we might even be talking next gen consoles (wild speculation on my part).

That said, I'm with Flicktion. I prefer console over the PC these days too and I've always hated that the MMOs that were available for console were hybridized for the PC. So I've been following this game from the start because it sounds almost too good to be true (dedicated to one platform, sandbox AND about zombies?)

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 7:28PM eLdritchZ said

Still on the wrong platform so don't care... call me when they release it for PC... or actually... don't... console ports tend to be pretty terrible... oh well...

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 7:53PM EndDream said

@eLdritchZ haters gonna hate

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 3:45PM HiroProtagonist7 said

@EndDream
hater haters are going to hate haters

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 8:33PM HokieKC said

Class 4 tops my list for upcoming MMOs.

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 10:14PM Bramen said

What does the "M" on the hill stand for, JollyMood?

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 10:50PM mmark said

@Bramen

There is a town south of Seattle with a giant letter on the hill; its the letter of the High School.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 3:22AM (Unverified) said

XboX, lol.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 11:47AM (Unverified) said

Cryengine tech looks amazing, however YOU CAN'T HAVE A MMO ON A CONSOLE silly developers.... if you can't talk to each other, the MMO part of it goes out the window. Not to mention console game are to small, hence missing the Massive out of MMO.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 4:11PM HokieKC said

@(Unverified) - Why not? A console only MMO makes more sense then making it run on console and PCs (which usually results in a royal mess). There is a huge void right now in console MMOs. It seems like a new PC MMO get released weekly these days and yet there has never been a single console only MMO. The potential is just huge and Undead Labs is going for it.

And most MMOs designed to run on consoles and PCs never even make it to consoles and then PC gamers are left with the mess. Only FFXI has successfully made a console/PC MMO.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 1:40PM StClair said

"We'd better get back. It'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night. Mostly."

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 3:53PM Rhazes said

Is this game going to be a survival build mmo or or just a survival shooter mmo? If it's a survival build MMO where you can scavenge, board up windows, build defenses and struggle for food and water and ammo sign me the hell up.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 3:56PM Rhazes said

@Rhazes

Yes it is!!!!!!! Just looked it up.

This game might be one of the best of all times.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 3:56PM HiroProtagonist7 said

I'm not sure there will be no communication in console MMOs.
You just need an earpiece and a channel changer button.

Given that the console devs have complete control over in-game communication they could do some cool things. Positional, area based audio for /say and different rooms for guilds, parties, raids, etc. For tells, just have a quick intelligent menu - start choosing letters with the controller and get name matches updated live - click send to request a private chat.

Either that or a keyboard and mouse attached to a bean bag lap desk.
| 1 | 2 |