Posted: Aug 19th 2011 10:46PM Octahedron said

As your final fantasy character stares at her chest and thinks "I'm part cat, shouldn't I have six of these?"

Because female half-animals' anatomy ignores that for some reason...

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 2:50AM Arcline said

@Octahedron

I genuinely chuckled at your comment. Good one. Lol.

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 7:02AM Ref Minor said

• 1 heart
No, gamers want to sail through with no setbacks so they can raid for the leet purps, that's what is important in MMO's

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 8:36AM Syesta said

Yo Eliot, any further pointers for those who are struggling to develop an RP angle in this vein?
My constant mantra throughout my gaming career has always been, "Success is attained but through many failures." This sounds like it would go part and parcel with the gist of this article, but I'm finding myself wracking my brain trying to come up with an angle that complements it without creating the pitfall you mention of being an RP Debbie Downer. It seems like it wouldn't be as simple as sprinkling a few successes in there, or maybe I'm just over-thinking things...

Also, I think I saw you at Camp Skull Valley the other day for a split second. If you see Syesta Rajani online, that's me. I need an LS :x

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 7:36PM Eliot Lefebvre said

@Syesta

Well, you probably did see me at Camp Skull Valley; I was there with Ms. Lady training up Archery. (She just recently started a new character for RP purposes.) And she's looking for a shell, too! (The RPC is a good place to start looking; they don't list all of the active shells on their static list, but the forums are active and should help point you in the right directions.)

And it's a fair point... I should have spent a little more time expanding on the balance and striking the proper split in both directions. Not next week, but the week after, that's the ticket. It's an important topic, and the sort of thing that could get expanded a lot in the column.

Posted: Aug 21st 2011 8:00PM deadborder said

Unfortnately for far too many RPers, IC problems don't exist as RP hooks to be solved or overcome. They exist to serve as reasons to attnetion whore and generate drama to ensure that they are the centre of everything.

The worst type are the ones who will constantly inflict new horrors on their chracters simply to ensure a constnat stream of attention. They may have their problem of the week resolved, but that will only produce a day or two of normalicy before they are inflicted with their newest ailment