Posted: Aug 17th 2011 5:03PM Daemodand said

Tried it, and though it's a very good looking game, the hyper instancing and lack of an open world turned me off. Also, I'm probably just a bit too old compared to what the target audience for this must be (teens and twenty-somethings).

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 6:51PM Ghostspeaker said

Love this game. Love the graphics, love the gameplay. The story is pretty stock standard fantasy anime fare, but the way it's presented is very entertaining. I don't mind the instancing, but then the first MMO I ever played regularly was City of Heroes, so I'm used to it. It's true that it's not very deep or varied as far as types of gameplay, but then it doesn't claim to be. The focus is pretty much entirely on the combat, but since that's really the game's strongest point I think that was a wise decision.

Don't come in expecting UO2 or EQ3 and you'll likely have a rip-roaring good time.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 7:26PM Sunlover said

I like this game a lot =) It is most similar to Vindictus, and although I wish it did have some open world elements, it pretty much has everything else. The combat is fun and fast and the art style and presentation is great. Great game =)

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 7:40PM Apakal said

• 1 heart
I can only run around left and right clicking for so long... Which happens to be about 15 minutes.

Game isn't that great, even with talent trees and extra abilities, etc. etc.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 8:03PM Everfaust said

it's a fun game, PvP is something I havn't ever seen done this way.
Gear means nothing, you can enhance everything to +12 have over
20,000HP added to your own, loads of defense and attack power...

but when you enter the area *(PvP).. you're just as powerful as any
other character your level.

it makes for an interesting challenge, gold/gear/class wont = skill.

as for the rest of the game.. it's very grindy *(instanced) as you can
solo any dungeon even on abyss difficulty... keeping in mind that the
level cap is only 24 currenlty ~ here's to hoping things get tougher.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 10:29PM Dianoga4 said

I like the action oriented gameplay instead of the usual selecting an enemy and then spamming a bunch or hotkeys. I wish they would just bring this kind of gameplay to an open world. The Chronicles of Spellborn had a great combat system where you didn't have to highlight an enemy to attack and it had an open world environment. Again I hope a good company that knows how to manage a game picks of TCoS and resurrects it to give it a proper at the MMO market. It would be awesome to have a combat system like Dragon Nest's in an open world. I tried Vindictus and it is similar to Dragon Nests but I find Dragon Nest more fun. It's not a game I can play everyday though because it does get grindy having to do the same instances over and over but it is a nice change of pace when I want more action when gaming.

Posted: Aug 18th 2011 2:56AM markhill66 said

If you're a fan of the action RPGs, check out Rusty Hearts.

Posted: Aug 18th 2011 7:30AM Lenn said

It certainly is a fun little game, but those translations... I really don't understand why these Asia-developed games cannot splurge even a tiny bit on a half decent translator. Aren't there any students of English in the East that wouldn't mind a bit of extra spending cash?

Posted: Aug 18th 2011 8:09AM Spookimitsu said

@Lenn
You mean in the game? The trailer seemed fine...

Posted: Aug 18th 2011 10:11AM Lenn said

@Spookimitsu Yeah, in the game. Some of the dialogues are cringe-worthy. Lots of spelling and grammatical errors. Some of it feels as though they just dragged it through Google translate and left it at that.

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 7:59PM kgptzac said

@Lenn

That is strange. I remember as I played through low level content I was actually impressed by the translation quality compare to other Asian games. Things like little jokes aren't exactly easy to translate and preserve the humor, and I certainly did not see much typo and ungrammatical stuff.