Posted: Aug 17th 2011 12:08PM bobfish said

I just became very interested in this... DAoC FTW!

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 12:08PM JuliusSeizure said

Wait, wait. The ultimate goal of the game is to achieve Nirvana, ie. the state of dissolution of the self that results in oneness with the universe? That would be very unconventional to say the least if they're treating it properly. >_>

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 12:16PM Reubens said

This is still a two faction system though.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 1:09PM kyrv said

@Reubens

Still two factions? Ugh. Taking influence from DAoC and using two factions tells me they have no understanding of what made DAoC great, so I'll have to give this a pass.

And I agree with Seffrid, I hope they know what they are doing tossing DAoC around. My guess is they don't. They just opened up a can of worms and a world of disappointment from people looking for something like DAoC.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 12:53PM Seffrid said

"Dark Age of Camelot fans may be interested to know that the ASTA video specifically references the older title as inspirational material"

Oh dear. I'll give the game's forums a miss after the launch then, I can only begin to imagine the amount of complaining that will go on when the DAoC fans realise it isn't DAoC2 after all.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 2:21PM Boardwalker said

Unless a game has 3 factions/realms, its creators should not mention DAoC. When I saw the reference to DAoC in this article, my first question was "Does Asta have 3 realms?". It doesn't. And while its gameplay looks nice, without 3 realms, a frontier, and realm-wide incentives to RvR that impact the entire world, comparisons of Asta to DAoC have little merit.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 4:06PM Mendoras said

@Boardwalker

Yep - that was my first thought.

Dont get it why the all try to make games with open pvp/rvr and stick to a useless 2 faction system. You only have pros with 3 factions ...

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 5:17PM pixledriven said

They might want to quit using the term RvR as well. I believe Mythic/EA trademarked it.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 5:27PM (Unverified) said

@pixledriven

Yes they did, and have threatened with lawsuits in the past.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 7:19PM MMOaddict said

This doesnt' really look that good. Plus his statement about "generally people with little time to play prefer to solo instead of group with others" is sooooo wrong. I play ALOT and I prefer solo play 90% of my time because I just can't stand people lol. I only use other people for group content when I absolutely must. Has nothing to do with being hardcore/casual.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 10:40PM TheGreatMachine said

Yup no point in dropping the 'daoc' line unless you're going to put in 3 factions. That is the one essential qualifier. pass.

Posted: Aug 18th 2011 8:33AM xKingdomHeartsx said

"There are many MMORPG with non-targetting combat nowadays. ASTA is aimed at players who aren't great at controlling the keyboard and mouse at the same time."

What a bullshit reason to use point and click.......there are way more point and click compare to non-targetting.......