Posted: Aug 17th 2011 3:18PM sjheiss said

I'm in the closed betas of Rusty Hearts, Glitch, and Wakfu, and they're all awesome. :) Also, I'm pretty sure that Wakfu uses Java, whereas Dofus uses Flash.

I play Wakfu the most, and I LOVE the harvesting and planting and the whole ecosystem idea in it; never before have I enjoyed doing that stuff, but in Wakfu I do. I haven't gotten much chance to play Glitch yet, but it seems very interesting so far, and I've barely scratched the surface.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 3:38PM (Unverified) said

@sjheiss

I absolutely love Wakfu too. The game world and its inhabitants have more personality than many other MMO's combined. The animations are amazing and I wish other games would take note of them. Been trying to hold off on playing the Beta too much, since like Beau I want to enjoy the game fully without my beta experiences ruining the surprises of the game world...but its hard...very hard.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 3:20PM Knuxson said

Yeah I live in Dallas and it has been 100+ degrees for over a month now I think. I can't wait for December to come and to spend a few days playing on my computer while wrapped in a blanket and drinking hot chocolate or eggnog. Too bad it won't get below 80 degrees until at least October.

Posted: Aug 18th 2011 12:02AM badkins1102 said

@Knuxson

100% agreed. I'm hoping for a couple of 'snow days' like last year so the state can shut down and I can sit at home laughing.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 3:25PM ployer said

Speaking as someone in Shreveport, LA I feel your pain on the heat. It's going to get to 106 today with something like 30-40% humidity. It's rough.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 3:37PM Valentina said

I'm from Houston and it hits 100 degrees daily. I'm glad I spend most of my life in Los Angeles by comparison it's way more comfortable lol.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 3:39PM Carolina said

That drought map sure has the colors of fall...

I'm waiting on Lotro's expansion, won't be buying it once it is launched since my characters are not 65 yet, but look forward to hearing what the news are. Look forward for the guild I'm in getting their characters up and sharing the news, and hopefully I'll join them soon.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 3:40PM Kaoy said

On one hand, I shouldn't say to much since a heat wave in the Midwest is only around 90 degrees. On the other had, we chronically have 70%+ humidity when its that hot due to all the damned rivers and creeks that snake thru it. You get the nasty bits of being sub-tropical as well as the biting-cold long winters.

I will take your dry heat over not being able to breath properly due to how feverish you get just from hanging out outside in that kind of weather any day. This is coming from someone that has lived in more or less every climate in the US at some point in his life, plus Puerto Rico(aka - Home of Heat and Hurricanes).

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 4:17PM DeadlyAccurate said

@Kaoy We don't get dry heat. Right now, the humidity level is still 28%, and we've only had a couple hours of rain one day in something like 2+ months. (Fort Worth)

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 7:37PM Space Cobra said

@Kaoy

Sounds just like Houston, Texas. It's not the heat that gets you, it's the humidity. And Houston is close to the shore and has many bayous. It feels like 111 degrees, so I am told.

Had a friend from Houston go up north and he was a bit ticked off by people complaining about 90 degree weather up there and low humidity.

Don't bother with Taiwan or areas around Brazil or even Malaysia, those humidity ranges are through the roof!

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 3:44PM (Unverified) said

You can play DN with a controller? Hm... I'll have to check it out, then.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 3:56PM correllis said

Dragon Nest caught my attention and for a moment I thought the colour palette they used is quite refreshing and of course, everyone is going gaga over action rpg nowadays...

that is until I realised it is a lobby mmo. In other words, it is like GW1. When you head out of town, unless you have a friend in your party, you will see no one else.

=(

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 4:00PM Halldorr said

Absolutely loving Glitch...I dropped all other games for a few weeks to test that when it was open for testing. Currently letting it cool off so I don't wear out my enthusiasm though :-P

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 4:06PM Anatidae said

There is no such thing as climatic change. This is not the heat you were warned about. Just stop sweating and move along.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 4:08PM GrumpyGnome said

Wakfu does look interesting, I may have to check it out when it releases.

As far as the heat, yeah I live in Austin, and my AC is broken in my truck...I am a VERY Grumpy Gnome...

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 4:22PM Beau Hindman said

@GrumpyGnome I go to Austin for GDC every year, it's only 3 hours drive for me. And man, even in October it's hot! But the food and the city rules.

Thanks for the comments, so far guys and gals. And I will be trying out the controller this weekend and writing about it. Research, you know. :)

Beau

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 4:32PM Noviere said

I just gave Dragon Nest a go because of this article... but it's not for me. Visually, it was alright... but I'm not a fan of games with virtually non-existent character creation, and lobbies.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 4:50PM SocksForYou said

Really, really excited about playing a new Jagged Alliance game in any form. Just hope its not a mediocre game with an abusive cash shop, which has been my experience with a lot of F2P titles.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 5:10PM (Unverified) said

Gotta love Texas! I just finished gathering shopping carts outside at my job, hot as hell

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 5:25PM Borick said

Fort Worth is miserable this summer. It's not Afghanistan hot, but it's worse than I've ever seen.

I've been staying inside, playing a lot of Minecraft, but tomorrow we get to walk and repair several miles of barbed wire fence the donkeys have chewed through. With hay over $150 a bale there is scant forage.

It's not fit outside for man nor beast.