Posted: Aug 16th 2011 1:29PM SgtBaker1234556 said

I'm really looking forward to World of Yellow Construction Machines!

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 1:36PM Daemodand said

Nerf aircraft carriers!

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 1:42PM Space Cobra said

Well, we'll see how these new titles play out compared to the Tanks one.

I do like Warplanes and I am interested in the Warships, if only to live out my "Space Cruiser Yamato" fantasies on the high seas (and sadly, not in space, but at least it's a ship!).

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 6:30PM SKYeXile said

Yea not having combined arms and only gameplay that revolves around tanks sounded boring to me, but after checking out WOT i really enjoyed it. But yea it is somewhat repetative and i dont think its a game that I could play longterm.

as for world of battlesips, i dunno, wot surprised me, maybe this will too, but like WOT and WoWP i think they we be better focusing on the dawn of naval warfare i dunno what it acctually is but 1700-1850s? with combat similar to POTBS, I cant see to much tactical gameplay happening in a time period that effectly was the end of battleships in warfare, lobbing shells over large distances at eachother. We'll see though, hopfully they include subs.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 8:48PM JonBuck said

@SKYeXile I doubt they'll start back that far. The introduction of the Dreadnaught-type battleships was a huge game-changer in naval history. The old ironclads and Ships-of-the-Line have an entirely different combat mechanic.

I'm sure they'll use not only real battleships, but those that were never more than blueprints or prototypes.

With the multiple gun types and massive crews, I wonder how they're going to translate it to a single-player-per-ship mechanic?

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 8:54PM SKYeXile said

@JonBuck oh yea, I doubt we will see anything using sails. hopfully we will see a wide range of type of boats and good straitgy with them. I was reading the wiki, apparently a tactic was hiding small torpedo boats behind battleships, when the battleships fire, the torpedo boats would jumpout from behind in the smokescreen then also fire.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 10:48PM JonBuck said

@SKYeXile I wonder if we'll be able to recreate battles like this one:

One of the most mismatched engagements in naval history. A few tiny Destroyers and escort carriers against the biggest warships in the Japanese Imperial Navy. One torpedo blew the bow off one of the battleships! Amazing stuff. One of the most crazy, courageous things I've ever read about.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 9:35PM Ludvig Von Spunhundle said

RULE BRITANNIA! :D

Posted: Sep 3rd 2011 3:06PM Vundal said

SO MUCH WIN. sorry i had to do an all caps moment. my grandfather worked on a ship like the one featured above, plotting out minefields. im really hoping mines are a part of the gameplay. would make for interesting strategies.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014