Posted: Aug 16th 2011 7:14PM (Unverified) said

I think a Shadowbane remake would be awesome. Ubisoft owns the rights to the Shadowbane IP, but taking all of SB's great ideas and just changing all the names/lore would allow a "SB 2."

If only a good indie dev team would recognize the niche SB filled and make a spiritual successor. I think they would be surprised at how successful a game like this could be if it didn't have the shoddy lag/bugs that plagued Shadowbane.

A "Shadowbane" with a new and stable engine, and updated graphics sounds like a dream come true. It's unfortunate that I really believe it will always only be a dream :(

Posted: Aug 26th 2011 10:59PM RegularDude said

@(Unverified) www.shadowbaneemulator.com

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 8:22PM Bramen said

Sounds like an interesting game.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 8:32PM pixledriven said

Shadowbane also had some of the coolest classes, and class combinations ever.

My personal favorites were the Prelate, Sentinel and Mage/Assassin

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 10:08PM Unshra said

I remember following Shadowbane and watching a beta video of an Elven, Ranger/Blade Weaver performing some of the sword dances and thinking "that is exactly what I have been looking for." To this day no other MMO class has come close to the elegance of my Blade Weaver, Lineage 2 reminded of what I missed with their Bladedancer but the class still did not come close.

RIP Shadowbane, I admit your end was clearly written in stone as a buggy niche game but by man did I have a blast playing. ^_^

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 10:56PM Space Cobra said

There were many interesting races to play in Shadowbane with racial traits. This was one of the big draws for me.

The Minotaur was also among my favorites, as well!

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 1:17AM (Unverified) said

I remember being super excited before it came out, then never even trying it when it actually came out, and finding out years later that it had died... one of those "well i'll never know!" situations :(

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 10:05PM Solipsist said

Centaurs as a playable race was just one of many awesome races but, the thing about SB I always loved was the immense class build diversity, you could easily have 50 of the same class in front of you and not one of them with the same exact build and everyone of them viable.

Posted: Aug 19th 2011 2:26AM (Unverified) said

Shadowbane had some problems, but what it did right it did better than anything I've ever seen then or since, and that was a player/community driven end game where in game decisions had often violent repercussions up to and including getting your house burnt down. That along with the insane variety of viable character creation options still have me pining away for the old days. There's definitely a large enough community out there for an updated version of this kind of niche hardcore game to turn a profit. It's just going to take some developers with balls big enough to take the chance at it

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 1:17PM SirensRevenge said

Www.shadowbaneemulator.com

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM