Posted: Aug 16th 2011 2:51PM Space Cobra said

I guess we won't see TaunTauns in SW:TOR, will we? :P

I don't mind clown armor, in that, as much as it gives certain people a license to make gaudy armor, it gives others the freedom to make awesome armor.

Was thinking about how holiday quests would be handled. Maybe in the future? Actually, I won't miss them too much.

I probably will miss swimming. It's just something I consider neat and different. At least I have GW2 for that.

Walls of text. Well, yes and no. Much like radio, one can put their own voice onto an NPC and it involves the creativity cells (of your brain). It also helps reading comprehension for those that need it (like comic books). Also, much like your Ventrilo argument, if something happens, like a phone rings or a neighbor starts shouting to turn off my PC speakers for NPC dialogue and I start shouting back and we start throwing shoes and whatnot, I am going to miss what is being said by the NPC! Text dialogue allowed you some measure to control the flow of info into your head at your own pace. Voiced Dialogue, while extremely welcomed, has its own problems.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 9:25AM Kyzgar said

@Space Cobra
In the video they released yesterday there was a tauntaun. A sith killed it with his lightsaber. You just can't ride them.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 2:52PM starchildren3317 said

I'm going to miss all WoW comparison or WoW killer talking...Oh Wait, I'm sure that is still going to happen so never mind.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 2:59PM Valentina said

I'm most excited about never seeing walls of text again. Most games will adopt the dialogue/voice over method from now on I'm sure and the genre will be better for it honestly.

Also, quests in a BioWare game tend to be more like objectives that you complete on your way to something more significant. It just works and flows better, so I'm excited for that.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 3:41PM (Unverified) said

@Valentina That would suck for those players who are hearing impaired, then. The main tank in my last guild was deaf; so I think at least a subtitle option should be available for players.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 4:38PM Daelda said

@(Unverified) Subtitles are Confirmed.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 5:20PM Decanus said

@(Unverified) if any of the other bioware titles are anything to go by they will have subs

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 8:47AM Lenn said

@Valentina TOR will still have walls of text, but they will be read to you.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 5:16PM Daemodand said

@Valentina The downside to the trend is new content will be far more expensive and time consuming to produce. If a title is getting mediocre sales, it'd be very hard to justify any new content for it, as well (unlike with text content).

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 3:07PM (Unverified) said

Nice read! I have played WoW, Lotro, Rift, & Rom. (More so WoW then the rest) and each one has its own little cool thing in game. I don't mind not having sit / swim options in Tor right away, but hope that in the future some random planet has a nice body of water I come across that allows me to dive in. Just to see whats doing. When I am done frolicking in the water, I want to be able to pull up a nice lawn chair sipping' on some Gin & Juice :D

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 3:09PM (Unverified) said

Twi'leks will be the elves of SWTOR. They will be a blue-skinned, lekku-gyrating scourge that must be eliminated at all costs.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 3:35PM Lucidus said

@(Unverified) Lime Twi'leks taste better.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 8:29PM Natsumi said

@(Unverified)

Twi'leks come in at least 7 colors, at least on the Imperial side they do.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 3:11PM Kcirrot said

It would be hilarious if they added a pointy-eared, hottie species and called them sevle or fle. :D

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 3:11PM Tom in VA said

I'm not going to miss any of these things either. I'm beginning to think I'll like SWTOR as much for what it doesn't have as for what it does have. :)

I'm especially gratified to hear there will be no seasonal events in SWTOR. Yay!

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 8:31PM Natsumi said

@Tom in VA

Awww, but now we won't get to celebrate Life Day on Kashyyk :(

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 3:14PM SocksForYou said

But...but I vaguely remember some cool animals from Star Wars that would be perfectly fine as mounts. What about that thing Luke split open and crawled inside to keep from freezing? And the big wooly-looking mammoth things on the desert planets?

As for the other stuff:
- Yay for no events tied to real-world holidays.
- The auto-matching armor sounds like a great idea, though I hope you can still have the option to use dyes or an appearance tab.
- There really should be sitting in chairs.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 3:38PM KDolo said

@SocksForYou
What about that thing Luke split open and crawled inside to keep from freezing?

TaunTaun

And the big wooly-looking mammoth things on the desert planets?

Bantha

Also, Stormtroopers rode on Dewbacks on Tatooine.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 4:14PM SocksForYou said

@KDolo

Thank you :) I must really be slipping on my Star Wars terminology.

Bantha mounts would freaking own.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 8:10PM Irem said

@SocksForYou
I'm not a huge Star Wars fan myself, but I do remember reading "The Courtship of Princess Leia" when I was, oh, twelve years old or so and desperately wanting to ride a rancor because the Witches of Dathomir had them.

Why I Play: ArcheAge