Posted: Aug 16th 2011 9:49AM Derf said

I really like what they said about exploration. If they can manage to do that, I'd be back to the game in an instant.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 10:06AM Scuffles said

I think the one thing that drove me away from EvE more than any other was the experience "system"

It was cool that you could queue up skills and they would train while you were offline ..... but it was just depressing that I could be out actually doing something and you were getting ZERO experience for it.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 10:35AM Eamil said

@Scuffles

Think of money as experience. You spend it on ships and modules to power up your character, but then you get blow'd up and go into XP debt. ;)

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 10:40AM Bramen said

@Scuffles
Eamil is correct. In eve you are not your ship. You are your skills AND your ISK.

Posted: Aug 18th 2011 1:00PM Wizardling said

@Scuffles If you think your skills are all you need in Eve, you obviously never played past the tutorial.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 10:14AM Askgar said

Reading between the lines of this, they seem to be saying, null-sec can be self sufficient, everyone else will have to lump it. Living in a wormhole it is a pain not being able to ice mine as we have to import our isotopes from hi-sec, if hi-sec ice goes I can see it getting more expensive and more of a pain to get hold of.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 10:56AM Calfis said

@Askgar

I think its safe to assume that CCP is trying to get more people into null. They've spent the last few expansions on tid bits aimed at getting people to move. They failed pretty badly but at least they are trying. Although trying to force PvErs into the nullsec endgame is probably not going to be very successful. I don't PvE much myself but I can see it not going over too smoothly already unless they "ninja" in small changes over 5 years that not too many people notice at first.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 4:08PM (Unverified) said

@Calfis
I'd like to be in 0.0 already, but I simply loathe all the out of game bullshit I have to go through to get there. I was in 0.0 at one point in my eve life, and back then i had to register on to 2 forums, hand out my API to quite a few people, register to 5(!) different voice comms... I just decided then to say screw this, I'm trying to play a game, I'm not looking for something that's more of a hassle than my actual job. I simply cannot and and even if I could, will not devote so much time to a game I'm supposed to have fun playing.
And that is something CCP as devs can't really help in any way. It's all the requirements players have set upon each other to get in to 0.0.

The most interesting game lore (pirate factions), and pretty much at least 70% of all the other cool stuff happens in 0.0 already. If they make empire experience crappier (like removing the already minsicule change to find faction loot in exploration) to force people to move to 0.0 (because they're not playing at the sandbox like the bullying kid wants them to), well that simply will not work. People will simply quit playing, those who don't HTFU at least. I'll seriously consider quitting myself, too, for the reasons stated above.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 4:50PM Calfis said

@(Unverified)

Become a renter, no bullshit. Just pay your bills and don't bitch when you get roamed.

Of course most landlords will treat you like second class citizens but if you are okay with being a serf and making a shit ton of isk while bowing down to space overlords then being a renter is the life.

Even went space gets conquered renters always have the option to pay the new guy on the block.

Posted: Aug 16th 2011 12:57PM SgtBaker1234556 said

Offtopic:

Ask your webguys to fix the mobile layout, the Source-link is not visible in the mobile layout. Darn annoying since you guys usually only have self-referrentials in the article bodies.

Posted: Aug 17th 2011 5:46AM Royalkin said

I am not even remotely impressed with this. It's just words and more words, and until they actually create meaningful change, I won't be impressed.

I've been playing eve for almost six years, and I've seen this crap come and go, and whatever they do change, almost always makes the game worse. It seems as though they don't even understand or play their own damn game.

The only reason I've stuck around this long, is sadly because there still isn't a sci-fi sandbox that can rival Eve.

Posted: Aug 18th 2011 12:09PM Calfis said

There is much bitching on the EVE forums about CCP "forcing people to go to null" with the outlined changes.