Posted: Aug 15th 2011 7:27AM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
There are ways to make money out of a free to play game without having premium classes. In the long run such feature creates huge unbalance in classes and is damaging to the entire game.

Secondly - Yes the store is the first thing that pops up when you enter the game for the first time.

I will continue to talk about AOC and what the paying custimors had to endure in the first year. I will also continue to talk how few fanboys and many MMO gaming site kept refering to the game as beeing just fine - giving it 8 to 9 in reviews. Its called PR and fanboyism. If some ppl like the game then fine. It still doesn't change the history of the game and the best way to not see a reapeat is to remember what has happened before.

I do not trust Funcom one bit cause twice they have released MMOs - and in both cases they released a horrible product. They fixed it with the PR, lies and cheats they got from ppl who bought the game at launch. Thats not how you create good games. Infact its exactly what gamers dont want to see happen. So sorry if Im pissing off few fanboys. I will continue to let ppl know how AOC treated their players. I did not create the bad rep. They did it themselfs.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 1:24PM Funkwell said

Can't wait for this new content to come out, it all looks great!

I just bought a new custom built machine that plays the game on full dx10 smoothly and I am having so much fun. Raiding T3, kithai 6 mans, solos and all kinds of pvp, there are many fun things to do in AoC at the moment, even the faction grind in kithai has been eased up a lot. I have 2 factions at rank 4 after a week and half.

Best mmo currently on the market.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 1:47PM Ardanwen said

@Funkwell

Agreed.

And best thing is: at lowest graphics it still looks better than other MMO's on the market. I got a 4year old laptop, and my fps ain't great, but loving AoC again :)

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 1:43AM tororosso said

@Funkwell
1st pic Warlordish concept art looks great. overall good pix collection.
and whats going on with the rapid fire of Age of Conan articles Jef?
Typically its the player base who's demanding more content, more content etc from their favorite mmo, luckily AoC fans its a reversed and instead players are overloaded with new material every few hours.
joke, Jef i feel slightly bad you are having to work to keep up instead of playing.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 1:38PM (Unverified) said

This game would benefit even more if it was to be offered in Steam Client. like Champion's online and forsaken world, global agenda, team fortress2, etc. imo AoC is 10 yrs advanced compared those games offer in steam but those same games are getting 10x more exposure than Age of Conan. AoC to Steam is this a bad idea?

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 1:38PM (Unverified) said

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 1:50PM Dunraven said

This sounds really cool, I am currently playing the hell out of AoC and enjoying every minuet of it.

Anyone who ever claims that you can't fix a horrible community needs to talk to Funcom.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 2:07PM BigAndShiny said

Jef, can you ask if Turan will have voice acting, and if so, how much? I had hoped that with TSW being fully voiced, and the increase in subs that Funcom would consider doing more VO.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 2:43PM BigAndShiny said

@Deadalon
As I look into the smoke and the fireflies, and listen to the music in the taverns of a sweltering tortage night.
As I listen (with VO) to a Cimmerian tribesman beg me not to endanger his people.
As I walk through the gates of an ancient temple into a lush mountain valley full of amazing things to explore, I experience the best graphics of any MMO made so far, or upcoming until TSW.

I enjoy a unique combat system that takes skill into account. The lore is rich and varied, my destiny quest every 10 levels is exciting, important quests even after tortage are voice acted, and the community on EU servers is very friendly.

I know AoC at launch was crap. But really, it's the best MMO out there right now. Heck, if they had the money to do full VO and add personal stories across Hyboria, I even think it could easily compete with GW2, TSW or SW:TOR.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 2:54PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
@BigAndShiny

Sadly - I hate seeing a game that destroys all sort of immersive feeling with plantingn huge shieldsystem across the screen. You can call it unique alright... But I call it horrible.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 3:30PM BigAndShiny said

@Deadalon
Better than pop culture WoW or Rift which has no coherent lore beyond the shallow cliche that was created for the game. Even EQ just makes it up as it goes along.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 3:33PM BigAndShiny said

@BigAndShiny
accidently replied wrong sorry :P

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 4:08PM Dits said

@Deadalon Can I just ask, what is your fav mmo? It seems like every time AoC is brought up you have some personal vendetta against Funcom. Sure the launch was poor but the games has come on leaps and bounds since 3 years ago. Is it not the beauty of the MMO genre that things change? It is the only genre out there that has the flexibility to do so, nothing is perfect from the get go and nor should it be.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 4:27PM (Unverified) said

@Deadalon

u mad? we did notice you dont like AoC. yet you are rather alone with your opinion (which is acceptable). your tears in every AoC thread tho, are kinda annoying ... i guess you got slapped on white isles, hm?

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 5:00PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
@(Unverified)

Im far from beeing alone in my opinion of AOC. I have seen the horror that has been going on since beta and much of it is simply not acceptable. Few PR ppl (including posters here) are now trying to get the game back on the list but most players will deservably disregard the game simply because how Funcom have gone about their buisness through the years..

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 5:07PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
@Dits

Beeing none perfect from get go? No game in the past 5 years has been even close in the live launch as AOC had. So many bugs, huge issues and lacking features - all kept hidden from the players by closing the offical forums from public viewing.

I played Rift at launch and enjoyed it. It was not perfect from getgo but was at acceptable level. AOC was not. And its still suffering because of it. Cause if the developers had done their job the money from the 1 million orginal players would have gone into new content and better features. Instead the money was used to fix the junk that ppl payed full price for. And instead of adding regulare content - the game was not able to hold enough subs to justify future development so F2P was the only way.

And after all - FUncom has always been great in cheating their playerbase so Im 100% sure they will find plenty of ways to do it with their F2P model.

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 5:21PM Dits said

@Deadalon I am still unsure of where the problem is, by your logic all games that have turned F2P now owe their playerbase something. Do you feel the same about LOTRO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2, Champions etc? Do you have the same distain now for FFXIV?

Have you tried it now it has gone free? Or are you speaking from first month experience?

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 6:07PM Deadalon said

• Half a heart
@Dits

In terms of trying it now ... I have. And I got a bad taste in my mouth from the minute I got it. First - limited by classes by paying. Thats pretty much enough said about how horrific it is.

First thing to open up when ingame is ofc the ingame store... Im sorry but as a player that bought the orginal game without zero privilages over those that didn't - I simply logged out after few mins.

Secondly... If you had played the game in beta and first few months - you will get nightmares every time you see AOC loading screen. Cause with the huge memoryleak it had at start you only got like 2-3 loading screens before the game fooze on the 4th - 5th. Now imagine going through night and day cycle in Torture with that nighmare ongoing.

And yes... I payed for that.

Posted: Aug 15th 2011 4:45PM fallwind said

@Deadalon "I simply logged out after few mins."

nuff said, you didn't even give it a full day's playtime to try it out.

Haters gunna hate

Posted: Aug 14th 2011 6:12PM Dits said

@Deadalon It was 3 years ago, get over it.

The Stream Team: Drag racing in ArcheAge